Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2014, 05:58 AM   #91
Bikerboy108 OP
Pat from Jersey

Oddometer: 871
I'm the original OP and thanks for a lot of good feedback.. I am going to take both for a testride next week one after the other.to get a better idea of engine/trans characteristics.. Will keep everyone informed... My only question now is take whats in stock? or order exactly what I want.. i really don't see a need for ESA or Nav prep or LED lites...I rarely if ever ride the bike at nite..And the couple grand i save I can put into Acc.. Any opinions on that welcome..
Old 03-23-2014, 06:07 AM   #92
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,457
GSA W vs GS W Am I Missing Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestaino View Post
I'm the original OP and thanks for a lot of good feedback.. I am going to take both for a testride next week one after the other.to get a better idea of engine/trans characteristics.. Will keep everyone informed... My only question now is take whats in stock? or order exactly what I want.. i really don't see a need for ESA or Nav prep or LED lites...I rarely if ever ride the bike at nite..And the couple grand i save I can put into Acc.. Any opinions on that welcome..

My old bike didn't have all of the options available at the time. My '14 GSA does. The new options are great and I really enjoyed them on my break-in ride from NC to CA and back. As for ESA, I've you've never used it, you don't know what you're missing. You can change it on the fly as road conditions change and that really helps handling. LED lights are very visible to oncoming cages. I'll tell you this, I spent more than a few dollars on my old bike to upgrade it and I've not done that with the new machine. It's personal preference.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:13 AM   #93
Mtbcoach
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
My dealer had 2 on the floor, another coming next week. If you look at the BMW website, you'll see they have "packages" which most dealers will use for pre-orders. You can order what you want ala-carte, but will have to wait for that order to be built.

Regarding the "need" for ESA, I can assure you that you'll regret not getting it, one of the great features of the bike.

Regarding LED's, when I do ride at night, I like to see and the LED headlight and accessory lights are very good at night. Additionally, they offer better visibility during the day.

I can see going without Nav for sure. Have fun on the test ride...
'77 Toyota FJ45
Mtbcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:39 AM   #94
sarhog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbcoach View Post
It felt easier and smoother for me to handle at the slow speed with the engine just chugging along where in the GSw, I find myself having to clutch/gas more to go the same speed. I'm sure this is where the lower 1st gear helped along with the heavier flywheel.
I thought the GSW and GSAW had the same gear ratios throughout??
Old 03-23-2014, 06:50 AM   #95
Mtbcoach
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarhog View Post
I thought the GSW and GSAW had the same gear ratios throughout??
You are correct, sorry for my error (fixing post), I quoted someone who didn't know. Further research this am revealed my error.

Sorry for the confusion, no wonder it didn't feel different around town...
'77 Toyota FJ45
Mtbcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:27 AM   #96
pistole
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
heavier flywheel : lc gs adv
pistole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #97
Bikerboy108 OP
Pat from Jersey

Just an update..I was the original OP and picked up my GSAW today... I will put some mules on it and report back..
Old 04-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #98
milo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Just an update..I was the original OP and picked up my GSAW today... I will put some mules on it and report back..

OK I'll bet you can't get more than two mules on it.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #99
Bikerboy108 OP
Pat from Jersey

Quote:
OOPS MILES!!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:40 PM   #100
milo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
oops miles!!
LOL