Jimmy Lewis is teaching again!!

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Cyath, Apr 13, 2010.

1. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    wohoooo...:clap, i passed, i passed..........:evil

thanks again jl, heather, charlie and nate... :bow
    [​IMG]

good timing again eric, jimmy's not looking......:augie
    [​IMG]

gimpy likes it......:D
    [​IMG]

what an AWESOME FEELING...:rofl
    [​IMG]

time to pack up
    [​IMG]

riders on their way too
    [​IMG]

cool ds riders in aerostitchs....:ricky
    [​IMG]

till next time.....we'll be back
    [​IMG]

the river from a distance
    [​IMG]

closest we could get
    [​IMG]

lots of snow last winter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

soon will be home
    [​IMG]

:wave i hope you all enjoy the ride report and pics. we took as much photos as we can (only when class was not in session). wish i can give more details on the drills and lectures but it's better if you take the class...:D

if i had this lesson a few years ago, i think i would have been a better rider by now. self teaching and grinding every ride works too but it's a long process and many times i got hurt. this :gerg has limited time to fart around....:rofl

have a safe ride folks......:ricky
  2. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    :ymca Joel, just what exactly is it that you are feeling? :csm
  3. Psycle

Psycle Erdferkel

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys! I finally had time to look and find our thread. Great pics!!! Esp. the one where Jimmy takes me for a ride up the gnarly hill! That's when I learned to totally trust him and relax. Seems like Sun PM was fun too. Too bad I had to leave early.

Thanks, Jimmy, Heather, Nate and Charlie!

Carsten
  4. nsfw

Oddometer:

where's the beef?.........:lol2

we can have a class reunion sometime in oct or nov...:wave

ride the 690E.
  5. Psycle

Psycle Erdferkel

Oddometer:
    :nodYes, Joel, next time I'll bring a lighter bike. The 690E is like a bicycle compared to the 950. Spent 6 h this weekend in the Utah desert (5 Mile Pass by Fairfield) and in the Wasatch foothills (by Alpine) to try everything I learned but on the 690. Sand, wheelies, hills, emergency braking, balance exercises, plus huge mud puddles. Everything is so much more fun now that I'm sort of knowing what I'm doing.
    The only thing I missed was the good company we had at Lake Isabella!!! :beer

Carsten
  6. El Zorrillo

El Zorrillo charity case

Oddometer:
    jimmy was also talking about doing an advanced class.................

hmmmm..... i am intrigued by this one.....

i would like to think that i could polish up on existing skills, and learn a thing or two by racing with jimmy in the baja 1000 this year.

husaberg hasn't formed a team yet this year, right? some phone calls could be made, right? :evil

no loop this year, it's a point to point race......
    :ear
  7. nsfw

Oddometer:

:clap great to see you doing the drills; you have 2 of the best ds bikes around, we just need to work on our skills.

tune in....the advanced class will be bitchin; sorry no details...:D

tom...you're the man that will put husaberg on the baja1k podium.....:wink:
  8. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    Biggie, you look great w/ a girl by your side. You should get yourself one someday.
    You're a keeper.:viking

[​IMG]
  9. motocrazy

motocrazy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice pics!! Looks like you guys had a blast. :clap

I'm envious that you were able to do some forest riding. When I took his course, it was all desert riding.

Hmm, will have to keep an eye out for the advanced class then....
  10. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    John, don't be jealous. I was so happy to be learning something that I needed to hug someone. You weren't around and Jimmy had already shut Joel down on his hug request so Heather was next in line. Plus she was really nice and helpful so I wanted to hug her anyway. But you're still first in my line.
  11. nsfw

Oddometer:

the forest riding over ruts and hill climbs were important to me, though the desert has the deep sand and rocks. next one, the desert.....:ricky
  12. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    I'm sure that Joel was going to tell us about this, in fact he may already have, but I had my first Monster energy drink ever a while ago so I'm going to tell you. Jimmy said that if we could guarantee 9 or 10 plus people who were willing to pay for a one day class, he could put on a special class for us. I think, since so many of us have taken his class now, and would want to take another, and several have expressed interest in an advanced class, if we could get him to do this with an advanced class, we could probably get the people together. If you hadn't noticed, I just took his class and loved it, but in six months or so I will probably want another one. It's easy for us to say we would do it but we would have to actually guarantee payment for him to do it. With a one day class, it would would be twice as affordable as a two day class. I've seen other threads where groups trying to be cool like ours have said they would have no problem coming up with that many guys, but never did. So we would have to do something like a refundable PayPal thing or something to show that people are serious. Maybe the offer didn't apply to an advanced class, but even for his regular class, it would be great to get a bunch of us together and do it. Also, I think he said he could do it at Glen Helen, which we could turn into a LA Weekend ride for us locals. So start putting aside $12 a week and lets do this in 6 months or maybe $20 a week and we do it in 4 months. What do you guys think?

Jimmy, did I get any of that correct?
  13. DirtTrailER

DirtTrailER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That actually may be a good way to improve your skills - by sweating your way out on a heavy bike first and then have fun on a light weight.
    It's still amazing what could be done on that big 950.

BJ
  14. DirtTrailER

DirtTrailER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds very interesting, I just hope it'll be a little closer here than Keyesville
  15. nsfw

Oddometer:
    :nod

we'll figure something out. bj, are you in socal?....:wave
  16. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would be down! for a class. where do I sign up?
  17. nsfw

Oddometer:
    UPDATED 5-28 @ 10:12 pm

i'm IN for the next 1-day class. probably in glen helen and sometime between sept and nov. really depends on when we can get 10 riders and jimmy's availability.

so far we have:
    1. biggiE
    2. sitO
    3. 8)H
    4. tahoeacr
    5. dirttrailer
    6. lil zing
    7. guest from sf
  18. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have never been to a school. Only had pro riders mentor me. I would be in on a one day class. Sounds like fun.
  19. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Sounds fun to me.
  20. J Lewis

J Lewis Numb Nuts

Oddometer:
    Eric,

Yes, that is mostly correct.

Basically if you want to do a special one-day class outside of our schedule, you (someone) needs to arrange the students and payment. (minimum of six riders locally) Right now we charge $275 for the one-day.

Right now I have two good locations in CA to do it. Keyesvile or Glen Helen.

And we need to pick a date. But remember it is coming up on being too hot for most guys and until mid-to late September it won't be nice enough.

As far as doing an advanced class, that is for when you can loft the wheel 10out of 10 times without going any place and you have the brake drills pretty mastered. Mostly the next class (second class for most riders) would just be pushing the same drills farther and a few new ones you have not seen. If you practice the drills over the next 5-6 months, you will have questions and I will have suggestions on how you can do them even better, then I'll make them harder...

JIMMY