D.O.G. Dualsporters Of Georgia

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by flux_capacitor, Jan 5, 2007.

1. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    Y'all got the ADV salute somewhere near here from a red cage with a mountain bike on the back.:evil Maybe I should have stuck my arm further out the window.:D There were times on the climbs I was wishing for something with a motor. Nice day to be out there.
  2. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    We seen a few hard core bikers today. :thumb
  3. fastdirt505

fastdirt505 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Man, I spent about 5 solid hours on the Super Enduro at Durahmtown yesterday and had a blast. Wish I knew there was another 950 there. Probably the best off roading around for a twin.
  4. tagalong

tagalong Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Something has to be done about thieves around here :baldy.

I just got a phone call from my friend Gary. His red '08 KLR was stolen from his garage, along with some other items, last night. I didn't get to many details from him because he was kinda dumbfounded at the time, and rightfully so. I'll update this when I can talk to him after the shock has worn off and get more info. Taken from the Bell's Ferry area of Floyd Co., GA.

What I know about the bike currently:

Red '08 KLR650
    SW Motech crash bars
    Big Gun Race Series exhaust (it is very loud)

Here's an older pic I have of the bike. It's not very helpful since the bike was brand new when this was taken and looks like any other red 08.

[​IMG]
  5. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    Tagalong, It can't be wide spread... you have a cluster of rats... Put your tax dollars to work.:deal
  6. Gallowbraid

Gallowbraid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Use rat poison:

[​IMG]
  7. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    Oh and by the way some of these dogs work cheep... :lol3
  8. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    You should cross-post this on Georgia Offroad, if you haven't already. If you don't have an account there, let me know and I will do it.
  9. MrTwisty

MrTwisty Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer:
    I'll be on the lookout. I've gotta get a motion detector for my garage.
  10. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    I didn't make it out. sinus infection and the wife was home friday from work sick as well.

I did get out this afternoon just for a bit out towards acworth with Fried Duck and had some fun.

Dec. 1st will be at Highland Park with the 450 and 950.

how was the 950 at DP? what tires were you running? the tires that came on mine are shot. I'll probably put on an MT16 rear and something more dirt oriented on the front as well.
  11. judobiker

judobiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried something new Saturday. A couple of my friends have gotten big into AHRMA racing so I went with them to Aonia for an event. I watched the trials, which was really cool. Then I ran my KDX in the open class TT race. It's half flat track and half old school MX. What a blast!!! It was awesome watching the old Nortons, BSA's, etc blistering the track.

I'm sure plenty of you guys have seen this stuff before-but if you haven't, it sure is fun.
  12. kdscoates

kdscoates Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will for sure keep my eyes out for this bike!
    We seem to always have this problem at the holidays with the little dirt bikes I have had friends in dawsonville and cumming that have had their kids dirt bikes stolen out of the garage of the house while they were home!!
    You know average family inside watching a football game and everyone home you leave the garage open!
    Hell at my house we leave the garage open and that tells all the neighbor kids to come up and hang out if the garage is shut they figure we are not home or sick or something But we have quit doing that because of the fuckin thieves.
    They actually walked in my friends garage in the middle of the day on a Saturday and just rolled the little xr bikes out the door and nobody saw or heard shit!
    I close my garage most of the time but when it is open I have the 300 mag loaded on the top shelf in the garage so they better move fast out of sight (with the 300 I have alot of range) or they are gonna lose a knee!!
  13. SlowRide13

SlowRide13 Veteran n00b

Oddometer:
    Digital motion-activated video trail cams are gettin' mighty cheap :deal
  14. FriedDuck

FriedDuck Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer:
    Thanks GaM - never knew that! Tuna, there are more photos here & here. Picture hobbitland. Boulders as big as large homes with narrow passages between them, and some places you can easily scramble up on top of to get a great view of lake Weiss.

Back to moto-stuff, if you're in the market for a Ural there's suddenly a bunch of 'em for sale locally. Weird.

Jeff
  15. SquirrelyGrl

SquirrelyGrl Squirrely Girl

Oddometer:
    Victoria Secret green pj's of Ponies & Puppies
    Man, I hate to hear that about your friend's KLR. I go through that area and into Cedartown a lot, I'll keep an eye out. Hope he finds out something soon......
  16. Spacelord

Spacelord Mutha Mutha

Oddometer:
    Yep, and you can get one now that sends pics immediately to your smart phone. Well worth it to me.
  17. SlowRide13

SlowRide13 Veteran n00b

Oddometer:
    Perfect for the "I don't call 911" types. :wink:
  18. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    I could use that.

Some brave mutha cut the catalytic converter out from under my 4Runner this year. Right in front of the house. :gun1

Apparently they get a couple hundred at the junk yard for 'precious metals' in there. Cost me 500 and insurance a big chunk - I think it was $2k or close.

Wife and I were headed to a concert fired up straight pipe v 6 and about went through the roof. :lol3
  19. SlowRide13

SlowRide13 Veteran n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that's what ticks me off the most: how much they can cost you vs. how much they get out of it.
    I was in a sports store for 5 minutes in Auburn, AL and someone drilled though my truck door. They got 2 laptops (no cords), a camera, and a few boxes of ammo. They left the guns alone (woulda increased the potential penalties I guess). When it was all said and done, it cost me several thousand, my insurance company several thousand and I figure they got way less than $100 out of the deal.

And no, I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep...
  20. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    Bastards :ddog

I'd be firing Lead Too Pete, If'n I caught em in the act :nod