Yamaha XC155 (SMax) thread

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by 16873, Aug 28, 2014.

1. 16873

16873 Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. savit260

savit260 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a nice sized package , and the flat floorboard is a big plus IMO.

Can't wait to hear how it performs.
  3. JoshM

JoshM mid10josh Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool! I wonder if they'll keep the integrated turn signals...

Also, WTF is on the left side of the handlebars?

[​IMG]

Hopefully they learn from Honda's mistake and get rid of the seat hump. Unless they're planning to offer a "humpless" seat as an add-on...
    [​IMG]
    markcap likes this.
  4. 16873

16873 Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. savit260

savit260 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The disc rear brake is a plus as well.

Doesn't the PCX still have a drum?
  6. JoshM

JoshM mid10josh Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ah, okay!

Indeed.
  7. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    That looks nice. 14.8 HP, 2 gal tank and disc/disc brakes. This could be my next scooter as long as they didn't screw it up by linking the brakes.

Looks like it has good cornering clearance too.

[​IMG]
  8. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Flat floor is a huge plus.

Looks like a nice package.
    dr_rock likes this.
  9. JerseyBiker

JerseyBiker Living the life!

Oddometer:
    Liking the flat floorboards too.

Lots of smaller scoots coming out but no replacement for the Silverwing. Wonder if the market demand has shifted over the last few years?
  10. Jimznc!

Jimznc! Been Riding Longtime

Oddometer:
    I would likely say "Fuel Door" Maybe? Similar to Kymco People 250. I am glad to see a change in the market with more small/midsize scoots and bikes on the comeback.

11. tastroman

tastroman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another thumb up for flat floorboards. My Daelim has a similarly placed gas cap which I find very handy. Wishing for more choices in the 250cc market though.
    LarryRickenbacker likes this.
  12. 16873

16873 Long timer

Oddometer:
    PCX150 is 13.5hp
    XC155 is 14.8hp
  13. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    The SH150 still trumps both....I do like the fuel placement, easier to fill but also weight up front. Don't like the 13" size wheels/tires
    LarryRickenbacker likes this.
  14. Eliter85

Eliter85 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh really?
  15. 16873

16873 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Overall, I like the Yamaha design better than the SH. The windshield option for the Yamaha has nice integration.

The wheels, my SR50 had 13" as well as my RV250. Both were enjoyable to ride and the Aprilia especially handled much better than a little scooter should.

When this bike hits it will be tough to say no.
  16. 16873

16873 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't think it can make that much of a difference since the shocks vs shock horizontal mounted can't have much weight difference. The Yamaha setup looks like it has more sophistication though.
  17. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Darn another scooter I will have to buy :D

Actually I am pretty much done. May part with my 2011 PCX and the Majesty plus maybe the Silverwing for a Burgman 650 but that is likely next years change..maybe!

This Yamaha scooter looks really cool. Very PCX like but with a few notable changes in the convenience department. Namely the flat floor board style and the location of the gas cap. My Hooligan 170i has the gas cap In this spot and its super easy and convenient to fill up. Also looks like maybe the under seat storage is larger as well.

Yamaha makes great scooters and I expect this new one to be as good as the PCX. Perhaps slightly better in some areas and maybe a little worse in others. Obviously this scooter is direct competition for the PCX. I think its nice to see a competing product and it shows the PCX is a solid seller and others took notice.

It will be interesting to see how this XC155 does fuel economy wise? The PCX is a real fuel miser. Yamaha has always been slightly under performing in fuel economy compared to Honda in many competing products. Unless the XC155 has the same voodoo engineering the the PCX has I doubt it will match it. Still if it gets 90 MPG or better that is still really solid.

Oh I should add....I bet this hits show rooms pretty quick. Yamaha seems pretty fast compared to others. You will hear about it then 2 weeks later its in dealer show rooms. The new FZ07 was like this. We heard about it and then it was in my dealer on my next visit. This scooter may not be that fast but I bet it will show up faster and in greater numbers then the 2015 PCX has. The 2015 PCX is still not a regular visitor here!
  18. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like it. Definitely looks better than the PCX to me. It has a taller shorter look. And I do like the flat floor. The seat would probably not work for me, that bump would be too far forward. I sit way toward the back on the Zuma 125. And non linked brakes would be a huge advantage over the PCX. It is not something I would consider buying however. I already have something in that size range. My next scooter will have to be at least 300cc. I hope Kymco makes the People 300 for 2015.
  19. AMAC1680

AMAC1680 Outdoorsman, advocate, paraplegic

Oddometer:
    That's why I chose the RV over the HD.

The yamaha is a nice scooter, well looks to be. Untill I can touch it , feel it and ride it I'm not about to proclaim it better or worse than any other scooter.

Once again the "new kid" gets raves before we get to know him.......

Be Big,
    AMAC
  20. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    That tends to be the case. My initial reaction is that this will be the best small scooter out there. However, until it's out and we have some reviews I'll hold back my final judgment. Also, it will probably be a couple of years before I'm looking to buy another scooter but I will be very happy if someone builds a scooter that meets my needs when the time comes. I could see replacing both of my current scooters with this one if it really performs as well in the real world as it should based on the specs.

So, in a couple of years it will have been out long enough to have uncovered any bugs. I have no need to be the first kid on the block with the newest toy.