Kaliningrad

Discussion in 'EMEA' started by rallioso, Apr 17, 2012.

1. rallioso

rallioso boGSer

Oddometer:
    Me and my friends are heading for Kaliningrad at the end of May: we´ll be coming down from Klaipeda (LT) crossing the border on the "Haff" and riding southward:so what is worth to look at, stop for or ride thru?

"spassiba and doswidanja" (the only words I know in russian til now...) :ricky
  2. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Klaipeda is a dump and there's just the Corunian Spit between it and Kalliningrad. Once you're through the first curves it's just a straight, flat road through the pine forest all the way to the border.

"ochin priatna"
  3. motorrider

motorrider Ride as much as you can!

Oddometer:
    Don't forget to get a visa, else you can not go into Koningsberg. If you take a double entry visa you can go further to Saint Petersburg. That is more interesting :)

пожалуйста
    Posjalsta
  4. motobaer

motobaer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello Rallioso!

Nice to meet you here!

I have been several times in Kleipeda. I like the old town, though it is really nothing very special about it. The old theater, the statue in front of it, .....the good food at the Friedrichpassage restaurant, the breathtaking view of the restaurant of "Kleipeda Hotel" at the 23rd flor.

Last July I crossed the border to Russia on the spit and drove to Kaliningrad. The town is worth a day:
    the cathetral, Immanuel Kant's grave, The House of the Sovjets (where the castle used to be - I stayed at the Hotel Kaliningrad just across the street) the Old German Cemetery, King's Gate, ...

What else is interesting in Kaliningrad Oblast? Swetlogorst at the Baltic Sea. There are campsites.

Enjoy your ride!

motobaer :clap
  5. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello stranger! Nice to see you back.
  6. motobaer

motobaer Adventurer

Oddometer:

Ahhh, you missed me! Did you?

btw: when will you go for Беларусь?
  7. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    FinlandThumper and I were planning to be there this week but that fell through. Only chance I've got this year is now mid-September although I haven't talked that through with him yet. Have you been?
  8. motobaer

motobaer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No, I havn't been there yet. It's still a white spot on my map. I hope to do it next year in spring.

If you can do the trip in September, let us read a report about it.

Счастливого пути!