Sydney Noob Run 18th November

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Karlxx, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Karlxx

Karlxx Dirt Curious

Oddometer:
    OK, I’m putting it out there? Interested Noobs? Also calling for Experienced help/Advice?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    WHEN: Sunday 18th November <o:p></o:p>
    WHERE: Meet at Richmond Maccas 8:30 for 9AM departure.<o:p></o:p>
    WHERE TO (provisional on advice): I found a GPS track for some so called “easy” runs, one is Bilpin to Colo, Another from Colo to Lower Portland and then across Wisemans Ferry to St Albans north on Wollombi Rd, back down the Old Pac to finish. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I have had the GS for a few months now, done a little off road riding, but I really want to do some more learning and explore Sydney off road. I have found learner runs on road riding forums to be a good thing. You need a mix of experience and not too many people.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    So is this the right place for this? Could anyone come to mentor? Is my route alright?<o:p></o:p>
  2. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    With no offroad experience behind me, i've done that same set of roads on my 1150 pig a few times and had no dramas, even with a pillion. If you leave Richmond as planned at 9ish and scoot up to bilpin/mountain lagoon, you would cover all your proposed ride by about lunch/cold drink time or so. As always on dirt i drop the tyre press at least 10psi each end and back off the rebound damping, makes a world of difference. Being a weekend i would caution you to the high probability of over enthusiastic 4wd's posing some serious pucker factor moments. As to the 18th i'll be involved in my occasional employment, i know where i'd rather be. Have fun, ride smart.:thumb
  3. dirtsurfer

dirtsurfer Hapless airhead rescuer, Adventourer

Oddometer:
    I might be available, but having just got home from a four day run I will see how the wind is blowing for the 18th . I'll watch this thread
  4. Tyzo

Tyzo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I might be up for this, ill watch this space.
  5. Karlxx

Karlxx Dirt Curious

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback guys, hoping to get a couple of noobs to join me and someone experienced if possible, otherwise I will just go exploring on my own.

K
  6. Silky

Silky Awaiting Baby...

Oddometer:
    I might be in for that, I'll dust the bike off and get out. Buying a house destroyed my riding time for the last 9 months.
  7. notsoslow

notsoslow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would have liked to join this ride but have already booked some heavy duty wine drinking in the Hunter:freaky
  8. minusone

minusone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Crushing a foot and then breaking a femur has left me idle and wasting away for 6 months.
    Along with my barnload of idle machines, I am keen for a ride and should be good for this.

[​IMG]
  9. wayne the one

wayne the one Explorer

Oddometer:
    May be able to join in but need to be home early afternoon. Probably go as far as wisemans then back home. :wink:
  10. ADVJake

ADVJake ***** dweller

Oddometer:
    hey Ian, what happened if you dont mind me asking? Was wondering what you've been up to.
    Been quiet around these parts, not as many sydney rides being posted up.
  11. Fredful

Fredful Pigs might fly

Oddometer:
    "hey Ian, what happened if you dont mind me asking?"

Me too, what did you do to deserve this?
  12. minusone

minusone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't want to take over the thread, but I have a tendency to stay with the bike despite the circumstances and the foot was crushed when I flipped the Hypermotard and ground off the footpeg. If I had been wearing motocross boots there would have been no injury. The broken femur was the most ordinary situation where the fully loaded 690 stalled on a hill and fell on me as I went down on the lower side. Got a helicopter ride out of that one (after some campers found me) and a good lesson on carrying a spot tracker next time.

when Karlxx posted It presented a good opportunity to ease back into the riding while tempering the riding ambition. Karl you have attracted the interest of some old hands here so it should be a good blast.
  13. Karlxx

Karlxx Dirt Curious

Oddometer:
    Thanks again guys, now to ensure we have some other noobs to come along too to prevent me from being the only one embaressed.

K
  14. Matt

Matt Dirt Virgin

Oddometer:
    Working.

Bugger.

:ddog
  15. curlysurfer

curlysurfer in need of a ride

Oddometer:
    I've been wanting a snail trail ride down here and wifey says, not that weekend. ::sniff::

I'd be keen for the 'next' one

Nashy
  16. Silky

Silky Awaiting Baby...

Oddometer:
    Hi Wayne! :fyyff:rofl
  17. The Bigfella

The Bigfella Big Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good to see the old hands popping up.... where have you guys been hiding?

I'd love to come along, but don't make it back to Sydney until the 30th.

Gunna be funny riding in Oz again... having to have a bike that's actually registered, has brake lights, mirrors and stuff. Having to look at the speedo even. Ughh.

Plenty of photos please.
  18. Silky

Silky Awaiting Baby...

Oddometer:
    I bought a house, a good fixer-upper. In exchange I lost a year of weekends.
  19. wayne the one

wayne the one Explorer

Oddometer:
    Hey Ben :fyyff:fyyff

The joys of getting married an buying a house. You know it is time to get out again and enjoy an adventure.

Ian, (The Bigfella) I have been following your overseas thread. Truly amazing. An experience most could only dream about. When you are back we will have to organise a noob run to the Wolgan valley area.

Ian (minusone) Your a great rider, maybe just a bit too close to the limit some times. When your ready we should do dirt bike ride again on the tough single trails around the Newnes Plateau.

Max, Its been a while. Do you best to be their on the 18th even if its just to wisemans.

Fred, Get to go on this ride and Ian can tell you first hand about the helicopter ride!

Suprised Viz hasnt hasnt had any comments yet. John where are you?:lol3
  20. The Bigfella

The Bigfella Big Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Stuck in a rut?

Sorry mate.... couldn't resist<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->