our just outstanding weekend

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by HAPPYTRAILSINC, Feb 27, 2012.

1. 340hp

340hp Long timer

Oddometer:

If it is... can... then is is being reopened to mountain bikes too? It was closed to all wheels except for permit usage for a long time due to switchback cutting and erosion concerns (and was always one of the best rides in the area, even with the rocks & spooky drop potential to the creek below).

I hate to admit a problem with excessive trail usage but some areas are looking at a permit system for OHV's similar to the hiking permit system (like Whitney, etc.). The only alternate action to keep the trails open is legal trail maintenance like that performed by SOS (and voting for your access rights in every election).
  2. rider914

rider914 Agnostic Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Some of the pics were of Cannell Trail. Popular with mtn bikes. Never closed to M/Cs as long as I can remember.
    Relatively little OHV traffic because connects with non green-sticker routes at both ends. Perfect for lightweight dual-sports :ricky

-M
  3. farrington300

farrington300 No wait....What?

Oddometer:
    I rode there a little the last two warped events. It was and still is the best riding I have done.

So based on my reading in this thread a trials tire is easier on trails than a traditional knobby tire?
  4. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    By far
  5. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anybody know where can I find the best deal on those trials tires :ear