Stickers "In case of accident- do not remove helmet"

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Romulus, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Romulus

Romulus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Used the search option, didn't find it. Looking for a place to find the stickers that say something to the effect of "WARNING- DO NOT REMOVE helmet in case of accident until examined by a DOCTOR" I have seen them out there, nor sure where I can get them. Thanks.
  2. duck

duck Banned

Oddometer:
  3. Basso

Basso Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got one at my riders edge course. Check with a local Harley dealer that offers Rider's edge and they may have one for you.
  4. VegasKLRider

VegasKLRider Long timer

Oddometer:

Are you sure that they don't say "Do not remove skid lid?":D

Jokes, man these are the jokes.
  5. Lochlyn_Deckard

Lochlyn_Deckard Dex Moto(naut)

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

6. dolomoto

dolomoto Destroyer of Motorcycles Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. evilmedic13

evilmedic13 Sarcastic & Fantastic

Oddometer:
    Just quick question. Since I am not a Dr., what about the PM's(paramedics) that show up to the scene? If it's me, you're gonna be pissed, cuz it's coming off(w/ the proper c-spine technique, of course) due to the myriad of complications involved w/ helmets on during transport to wherever we're taking you. Level 1 or lesser ER, depending on your inuries.

I threatened to punch a Dr in the face if he touched my helmet again after an accident last year, so I understand you fear. Asshole was doing it by himself, definitely not proper technique, too bad I passed out again. I guess he took it off anyway, my paramedics tore him a new asshole for it too.

When he told them what a hero he was, one of the medics had to be held back from going after him. She is a friend of mine, much to his chagrin, and knew what the consequences could have been.
  8. D R

D R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe the intent is generic. If you list all possibilities on the warning sticker, it would be quite large.
  9. Romulus

Romulus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks fellas!
  10. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer:
    PM me with your snail mail ..
    If you don't find one .. I'm sure we have one somewhere...
  11. joeonetime

joeonetime n00b

Oddometer:
    Not to be a jerk about it - but I highly doubt that trained EMS personnel would pay much attention to those stickers.

The sticker does not constitute any sort of advanced directive - as there are no witnesses, notary or anything. Hell, it doesn't even have your NAME on it! For all we know, it could be someone else's helmet.

That's like me responding to a 911 call for a cardiac arrest and seeing a big sign over the bed that says, "Please do not do CPR on me". Unless those instructions are in the form of an advanced directive or health care proxy - then I politely ignore it and go about my business.
  12. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    At last, some logic :thumb
  13. 20scout

20scout Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Under a emergency situation, who would take the time to read the sticker? OK, with that in mind, how about the ol' biker that has "Do not resuscitate" tatooed on his chest? As a professional, how would you handle this?
  14. FakeName

FakeName Wile E Coyote SuperGenius Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm not too concerned about the paramedics- as pointed out by the above poster, the para's probably know what to do more than the docs. I'd be concerned about a fellow cyclist or cager.

Let me ask the paramedic- if you had a rider down, and the inflatable bag-on-the-head thing was installed in the rider's helmet, would you use it?

fn
  15. zulusafari

zulusafari Malta DualSport

Oddometer:
    Has anyone seen a sticker that is primarily icons, more visual for international use? Or simply 'DO NOT REMOVE HELMET'.

[​IMG]
  16. Wraith Rider

Wraith Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't trust cagers (or even other riders) as well when it comes to remove the helmet.
    Interestingly, in a German forum you get flamed hard if you say that.
  17. zulusafari

zulusafari Malta DualSport

Oddometer:
  18. atomicalex

atomicalex silly aluminium boxes Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    There is this really cool device called a P-Touch from Brother. You can use it to make your own labels! That say whatever you want them to!

[​IMG]

Mine have "Do NOT remove helmet", my name, blood type, and insurance numbers. The phone number is a great idea, too.
  19. Thanantos

Thanantos Ride hard.

Oddometer:
    As a paramedic of 15 years this whole thread is, although well-intentioned, quite ridiculous.

#1. Add the odds of you being unconscious inside of a full face helmet yet still a viable patient plus the odds that some inept do-gooder is going to stop and read the stickers on your helmet if he is in a high-stress situation like an unconscious rider down and you get about a 1 trillion to 1 shot. Save your money from the stickers and buy a lotto ticket. EDIT: O yeah, add to all of those odds that it was the pulling off of the helmet that caused your neck injury not the crash itself. Like I said. Buy a lotto ticket.

#2. Paramedics work under protocols, and I cannot imagine a medical control board/authority that does not have a standing protocol regarding helmets. We follow the protocol. Not the sticker on your helmet.

EDIT and P.S.: I guess I should provide some practical advice instead of just being a dick.

The ICE thing in your phone and/or wallet works. We look for that.

Putting that info on or in your helmet might or might not work. It's not a normal place for people to put that kind of info so it could easily get overlooked.
  20. Vulfy

Vulfy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know there are red coloured pouches/pockets that you can attach to your shoulder, with your information in them. Do paramedics look for that? I think aerostitch sells one.