User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #121
Reidy008 OP
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 2,068
What?

You can clearly see where my hand is during the taking of the pictures......

She loved it...
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #122
Reidy008 OP
I,m in if we go fast

Race Day Austin TX MotoGP

Some of the things around the track

Huge crowd, this is out side the gates

After the races I was off to bum a jump and go get a battery. After several jumps the battery was so bad I couldn't get the bike to stay running well enough to trust riding it to Walmart so I was lucky enough to have one of the race workers offer me his old Kawi to run get one.

I hit the road and had well over a 1000 miles to make it home. I rode until about 1am when I was falling asleep on the bike and needed some where to lay my head. I found a really cheap hotel in one of the small towns on the I-10 and tucked everything in for the night.

I hit the road after about 5 hours of sleep and made it home by 3.30pm 23 hours after I had left the track in Austin.

Two things that you can't plan on a trip like this are weather and how your unknown bike will do. This was one of those trips where you couldn't ask for more from either one. The weather was incredible the entire 5 days and other thn the battery which is no big deal the bike ran amazing and felt like home after 23 years from my original to my now new one. Thanks for following along... Cheers all
Old 05-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #123
patmo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 714
Great report, super pics, well done! This my friends is HOW to do a fly and ride......
patmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:41 PM   #124
Reidy008 OP
I,m in if we go fast

Cheers Mate

Thanks Patmo. I have to thank a few folks.

Lonnie for the super deal on a great bike that is everything I hoped for and more. I ride it to work daily now.

Patmo for riding with me from Deals Gap, letting me stay at his place and showing me around Nashville.

JoeyBones for riding all the way to Deals Gap and riding with me on some super cool roads. Next time I will make sure to have plenty of time to ride the other areas with you.

Montek and his mates for the ticket to the awesome seats at the MotoGP and letting me hang with you guys for the day.

My Canadian friends who helped with the loaner bike for me to get the battery. That was super cool of all of you for the help.

I had a lot of people who offered up help if needed and also beds, routing, places to see and many other things that I would have loved to have done but time was short an miles were many. Thanks to all.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #125
JoeyBones
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmo View Post
great report, super pics, well done! This my friends is how to do a fly and ride......
+1
Proud to have ridden all 50 US States. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #126
LDM1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Thanks

Drew,
Your welcome. I enjoyed the process of preparing the bike for you and watching you plan your adventure. You have more guts than I my friend. Buying a 23 year old bike from a guy that you didn't know 2000 miles away and then hoping the bike is road worthy for a cross country trip is mind boggling to me. I appreciate the confidence you had in me and wanted to carefully ready this bike as if I were going to ride it to Phoenix. I'm sorry for the expense plus the inconvenience of needing to replace the battery. Your report and pics of your trip have been entertaining.
If you ever want to do it again just tell me what bike you're looking for and I'll find one for you and prep it cos I love refreshing older bikes.

Lonnie
LDM1 is offline   Reply With Quote