Motorcycle dealers with boots

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by MADS, Jun 28, 2013.

1. MADS

MADS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know of a dealer(s) in the MA, RI, Southern VT and NH area who carry a good inventory of off road boots. I have big calves and wide feet so I need to fit the boots. On one of the forums someone said the Gaerne balanced oiled leather boots have a big calve size. I ordered a pair and calve area was too small and foot area too narrow. Where did I get these dam feet:(:

Any other suggestions?

I am currently riding with hiking boots, not the best option... Hit my shin on the peg the other day @^&!@*$#
  2. henrymartin

henrymartin Mr. Tourguide no more.

Oddometer:
    I would try ATM in Keene, NH on Winchester Street, which is the same guy as Cycle Design down in Phillipston, MA. They do have some A*, Fox, Thor, and whatnot in stock to try on.

Whatever I wanted from them always arrived within a day or two, as far as gear goes. Same (or lower) prices than the big guys online.
  3. Happy Seal

Happy Seal Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have tried on every boot ever made. I have always since a little kid had big calves. My sister does too. Ski boots were always a challenge. I recently went through this and bought a pair of Sidi Crossfire TA's. pay attention to the TA part because there is a SRS as well and they run very small. The TA's run true to size. They also have an adjustable calf system which allows you to remove the top part of the boot and adjust it wider. DUDE, trust me!

KM motorsports on ebay are real good guys here in Meriden, Ct. Call them and see if they can give you a cash price.

I tried on -
    SG10
    SG12
    Scott
    Oneil
    Thor
    And a few others.

You got to get outta the hiking boots asap.
  4. Tessier

Tessier Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Freedom cycle in Concord, NH stocks Sidi Fox Gaerne alpinestar and has a pretty good selection of sizes all in stock.
  5. viverrid

viverrid not dead yet

Oddometer:
    Off topic I know, but it's getting less and less attractive for dealers to stock lots of boots (or motorcycle clothing). People will come in, try them on, find just what they want, say "okay thanks". And then go home and order them online. Some new business model will have to be developed, maybe manufacturers actually paying dealers for "showroom" services with the dealer not even giving a shit whether they make an actual sale.

The way it is now, more and more what happens is that dealers buy inventory and then end up as un-compensated showrooms for online sellers who can sell for less because they don't have to pay for a retail sales floor and sales staff. And the dealer inventory sits there unsold and eventually becomes "closeouts" on "last year's products".
  6. Happy Seal

Happy Seal Long timer

Oddometer:
    I believe what has been put in place and is waiting to go into effect is a strict policy on taxing online companies. We will have to pay tax on everything we buy online. I am not sure if it to the state where it is bought or shipped. I believe this is a new law.
  7. viverrid

viverrid not dead yet

Oddometer:
    Where it is shipped to.

Already the (state) law that people in that state are supposed to self-report & pay "use tax" on things they have shipped in (that were not otherwise taxed) but just about nobody actual does it. Thus the push to go after the sellers instead. Fewer of them, than chasing each of their individual customers.
  8. MADS

MADS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. I am going to try Freedom Cycle in Concord. I agree with you viverrid, I feel bad for the dealers trying to stock and sell anything these days.