Mixing premix in bum f__k Egypt??

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by team ftb, Jul 11, 2006.

1. team ftb

team ftb Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not sure where to post this for the collectives input but here goes.......

So I'm going to Thailand for some off-raod exploration:D . I've packed everything I need (manual, levers, filter, jets, cables, etc.) for a proposed ride of an XR250. I get over here and I need to switch to a two Stroke Kawasaki KDX 200. Hmmmmm:cry .

One thing I did not pack was a Ratio Rite to mix the premix:eek1 . I can pack the required two stroke oil, so peeps help enlighten my lost soul. How can I mix premix accurately in the jungle when fueling from drums and such?

Some of you ole desert rats and Baja racers should have some insight:wink: .
  2. AdvCav

AdvCav Stay Alive - Stay Aware

Oddometer:
    FTB,

Only advice I can give is to keep a measuring device (1-liter water bottle works good and is plentiful) on you at all times. It may take some time to fill up 1 liter at a time, but you will know how exactly much fuel you added to the tank. Mix the oil in the tank. Shoot for a range of ratio's instead of trying to get exactly a 42:1 ratio (or whatever) and fretting about it.

I have seen this done in the Middle East - 1 liter bottle of petrol with a capful of oil. I have no idea what this ratio is but may be worth figuring it out.

"2-strokes kick-ass"
  3. slideways

slideways EspaƱa

Oddometer:
    A small plastic baby bottle did the trick for me. They are usually marked in cc's and can be found almost anywhere.
  4. bmwktmbill

bmwktmbill Traveler

Oddometer:
    In the old days we mixed 16 :1, then 20:1 then 32:1 then somebody got some oil that went 50:1.
    A few guys got smoked up and forgot the oil and added it later.

Well they all ran.
    Approximate. Rich.
    Bill in Tomahawk
    BTW my favorite 2 stroke was a Penton with a Sachs engine, yours?