Nfl: Detroit lions

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 1LIFE2LIVE, Aug 13, 2011.

1. WaterWheel

WaterWheel Multi Talentless

Oddometer:
    Here they come, Detroit.

If GB's O line and TEs can give Rodgers a few seconds and keep Detroit's front four from killing him, they'll be in good shape. Quick passes, screens, and TE match ups will be key to putting up points.

For Detroit to win, Stafford needs to keep moving the chains, finish time consuming drives with TDs, and keep GB's offense on the sideline. GB's D isn't that good - they give up a shit-load of yards, but always seem to stiffen up when it matters.

Should be a great game - looking forward to watching it with a gut full of booze and turkey.
  2. wannaklr

wannaklr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Finally a Lions Thanksgiving day game worth watching!! :clap
  3. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:
    If GB's D-line can get any pressure across the line, the Lions will have a very slim chance of competing. The Lions have proven over and over again that the O-line is suspect against any of the higher talent D-lines this season.

I look forward to seeing a shoot-out. Hopefully, the Lions can mount some sort of ground game to keep the Pack honest.

Either way, I'll be drinking cheap beers and Canadian Club with my wife's Polish uncle, sitting on a 40 year old flower patterned couch, waiting for the turkey to finish it's dehydration cycle. Maybe NicoWife's loser 46-YO POS living-in-the-basement cousin will share some of his doobage to make the day interesting. :lol3
  4. WaterWheel

Oddometer:
    What's his ADV user name?
  5. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:
    :lol3

He asked to take my moto for a ride once. He was, of course, drunk. Telling him NFW almost got him to take a swing at me. Again. He really is a POS. :deal
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    I think this is one of the games the Packers may drop. Detroit needs the win, especially with Chicago down Cutler.
  7. wannaklr

wannaklr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would love to see Detroit take this one, but I'm not putting any money on it.
  8. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:
    Pretty tough to go undefeated in this league. Ford Field will be a madhouse of drunkardness, hopefully making it impossible for GB to get plays off. Might even have more Lions fans than Pack fans this time. Maybe. :lol3
  9. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    between losing to the cowboys and the lions,
    only my one drunk uncle has ruined more thanksgiving meals.
  10. WaterWheel

Oddometer:
    I'm the drunk uncle in my (hic), in my (hic), in my family.
  11. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:

There is no way in hell I'd lay money on it, just won't surprise me if this is the Pack loss. I'm still seeing them as 14-2 or 15-1 come playoff time.

The only game I see left that is a "for sure" win is KC. The rest of the teams could sting them---even Cutlerless Chicago. Figure a GB team that has cinched home field... :dunno
  12. WaterWheel

Oddometer:
    I'd like to see them lose one or two, just as a gut-check before playoff time. Hate to see them go all that way and end up pulling a New England.

That being said, I hope they thump Detroit this week.
  13. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:
    :bluduh

I'll be toasting you when the Suh does the Discount Double Check on Rodgers.

[​IMG]

14. WaterWheel

Oddometer:

And I'll do the overweight white guy Heisman pose when Woodson houses one of Stafford's limp-wristed out routes.
  15. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    I was at the 0-16 game against the lions
    [​IMG]
  16. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:

Unless Stafford shows up drunk, there will be no limp wristing involved. The boy's got a cannon Favre would admire. :deal

Hodag, you might as well have kicked me in the nuts. Two years of therapy to erase that from my memory and now, fuck, it all comes roaring back. :cry

17. WaterWheel

Oddometer:
    I know - he can sling it.

Just stirring some shit. Old school NFC Central border war on turkey day. Gotta love it.
  18. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:
    One of the local sports stations were just talking about how the Lions have lost 7 straight on Turkey Day. :huh Disgusting. Fuckers better show up tomorrow. Wonder if someone might be able to get a bunch of talent into Rogers' room tonight, maybe wear him out a bit. :lol3
  19. OuttaMyWay

OuttaMyWay I shook his hand!!!!!1! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Aaron Rodgers would go 24 for 28 with 5 TDs in a hotel room full of "talent." GB 31 DET 16...let's see how close I get.
  20. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Ugghhh, I hope it is a better game than that. If Kevin Smith shows up and dogs the crap out of them, Rodgers will not have the ball quite so much. Big if. You are probably close though. Those cheese folks have a pretty stout team.