Should I buy a Ural?

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by 73Mustang, Oct 29, 2012.

1. kraven

kraven GoPro Anti-Hero Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't see what your stubby legs have to do with buying any brand of sidehack.
    You don't have to buy a Ural, so buy something more reliable that means less wrenching since you don't want to get dirty.
  2. nashopolis

nashopolis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Urals are cool - I have one.

But don't get one unless you are prepared to work on it and by work on it I don't just mean oil changes.
    Don't get one if one of the first thoughts you have is " I just want to ride"

There are many ways into the world of hacks look around a bit - urals aren't the only way to get there.

Good luck
  3. madeouttaglass

madeouttaglass Hippie Ki Yay! Humboldt changed my life.

Oddometer:
    The Lost Coast of California, occasionally AZ
    17,000 KMs on mine. Besides one broken spoke my 2010 Gear Up hasn't been "worked on", but what do I know? I'm 50 and do all the work on all our machinery including rebuilding engines and transmissions. I don't let things go to hell and keep up with over a dozen cars, trucks, bikes, and a boat. The Ural simply has been great. OTOH, my FJR will need more going over this winter....
  4. AussieMasada

AussieMasada Worlds Slowest Ural

Oddometer:
    Thanks Bruce. A beautiful day here in southern Tassie so a quick trip to the supermarket turned into a 3 hour ride and warm milk. Just clicked over 500 kms and my Ural would be without a doubt, the best decision I have ever made with regards to a bike purchase. We are starting to get along a little better now but she still reminds me that I have much to learn. No regrets :D
  5. Leftka

Leftka n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Prmurat, another oe armed uralista here...what kind f mods did you make to ride? I lost my right arm so I moved all the controls to the left...
  6. RobDek

RobDek Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't buy a Ural if you're not a people person or suffer from social anxiety. Strangers will mob you all the time with question, comments, etc and often cause you to be late. UDF=Ural Delay Factor.
  7. BEER BELLY BOB

BEER BELLY BOB n00b

Oddometer:
    LATE FOR WHAT????????:lol3:freaky
  8. CCjon

CCjon Gypsy Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ride it in good health... Congrats