Dakar 2013 - Official Event Coverage - thank you ALL TeamF5, lurkers and posters!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doyle, Jan 1, 2013.

1. 8340SU

8340SU Long timer

Oddometer:
    no. I am watching a france 2 movie right now with that link on the vlc thing
  2. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Thanks...but France 5 is the only one that seems to work for me from that list. :dunno
  3. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
    + onehundredgazillion
  4. tommcbride

tommcbride Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just have the links saved as bookmarks in a folder labled Dakar streams on my iPad and view them (not thru VLC)
    on my iPad.
    ( because I have been unsuccessful in loading VLC on my iPad to view)
    I just checked all FR links and they are working for me {shrug}
  5. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    ...and to think that I thought it may actually end early tonight. :bluduh
  6. Rockteryx

Rockteryx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    will be soon 5-5 :evil ...
  7. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Thanks for trying....I don't know why some are working and others aren't...they were working yesterday?
  8. K2vodka

K2vodka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes! He has the skill.

Yes! He is with the right, current team.

But... Dakar is so awe inspiring because of the unknowns.

One other thing... or should I say two other things... excuse me, people, Despres and Coma. Yet say the Portugese boys and that speedster Chilean... and whoever else is on the fringe of alien ability.

Campbell was dominant in Baja with 10 or so wins and is still working for traction on Dakar. Age could make the difference. We'll see!

9. 8340SU

8340SU Long timer

Oddometer:
    NO FUEL ISSUES FOR HRC

Unlucky day for Helder Rodrigues and Team HRC

SS11 La Rioja – Fiambala (256km liaison – 221 km special – 6 km liasion)Famous for its white sand dunes and its torrid temperatures, Fiambala is always a very special stage for the Dakar competitors. A cloudy sky with some rainfalls at the beginning of the day was a blessing for the riders that tackled todays’ stage characterized by sandy dunes mixed with some rocky paths and difficult navigation.
    Shortened by 30 km due to the bad weather conditions of the last few days over the region of Catamarca, today’s strategy for the HRC Team was to attack to close the gap from the front runners. Starting in 9th position, Helder Rodrigues gave a tremendous performance both in the first rocky part as well on the dunes, without making any navigation mistakes. He was 1st at CP1 and 2nd at CP2 but bad luck prevented him from a well deserved result that would have allowed him to make a big step forward towards the podium. A branch caught one of the wires of his bike and broke it. The bike stopped and it took Helder at least 48 minutes to find out the problem and repair it. Finishing 29th, Rodrigues lost 3 positions and now sits in 9th place overall.
    A navigation mistake at the start of the stage complicated today’s performance for team mate Javier Pizzolito, but the Argentinian was able to recover positions, finishing the stage in 21st position that assured him a place in the top 10 overall. Even if the sand was harder due to the rainfalls of the last few days, it was a very challenging stage for Johnny Campbell, who suffered a lot from the injuries of the previous stages. Despite the intense pain from suspected broken ribs, the “Baja 1000” legend finished 34th and sits now 45th in the overall standings.

Javier Pizzolito SS11 21st +36’29”, 10th overall: “Everything is possible in Fiambala and the cloudy sky helped us a lot as it was not as hot as we expected. The navigation was very difficult today and I got lost with a bunch of riders at the beginning of the stage, where the path was rocky and there were a lot of tracks. It took us a while to find the first way point, but afterwards I took my rhythm, recovering some positions. I enjoyed a lot the dunes and I look forward to the next stages in Chile. Being 10th overall is a good result but we need to maintain the concentration as tomorrow’s stage in Copiapo will be really crucial for the final result of the race”.

Helder Rodrigues SS11 29th +48’29”, 9th overall: “I’m very disappointed because today I was flying. I was very fast on the stony paths as well as on the dunes, I made no navigation mistakes but it was just an unlucky day for us. A branch caught a wire of the machine, ripping it out and the machine stopped. It took me a lot of time to fix the problem. It’s a pity because today’s plan was to attack and I did it but it was definitely not our day”.

Johnny Campbell, SS11 34th +52’52, 45th overall: “The cloudy sky was a true blessing because I was not fit and the heat would have complicated my stage. My navigation was perfect but I suffered a lot from the pain in my ribs, especially on the dunes and the “off piste” tracks. I fought with my body on the river crossings as there was a lot of water and I was happy to get to the finish”.

Katsumi Yamazaki, Team HRC Director: “It was a bad day for us. We had planned to attack with Helder in order to close the gap with the first riders and to get closer to a podium finish. Unfortunately he had an issue with the machine that made him loose valuable time spoiling his stage result and compromising his position in the overall. It’s a pity but Dakar may be like this.”

S11 Unofficial results: 1. Caselli (KTM), 2, Goncalves (Husqvarna) +4’45, 3. Despres (KTM) +06’24”, 4. Pedrero (KTM) +10’18, 5. Lopez (KTM) 10’51…21. Javier Pizzoltito Team HRC (Honda) + 36’29, 29. Rodrigues Team HRC (Honda) +48’29, 34. Johnny Campbell Team HRC (Honda) + 52’52.
    Overall Standing 1. Despres (KTM) 2. Faria (KTM) +13’19”, 3, Lopez (KTM) +18.08, 4, Jakes (KTM) +23’33”, 5. Botturi (Husqvarna) +29’32” … 9. Rodrigues Team HRC (Honda) 1h16’24”, 10. Pizzoltito Team HRC (Honda) +1h23’13”, 45. Johnny Campbell Team HRC (Honda) +6h55’43”.
  10. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    All my links are working on my ipad. :dunno

I've got the France2 coverage at 1850 est, so I dunno what you guys are trying to watch.

The Eurosport1 show was due to start at 170o est, except for our favorite sport is being covered, in all its glory.
  11. rallyman1978

rallyman1978 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    snooker again! :becca

Was really hoping for an early night - I'm so damn tired!!
  12. finbarr

finbarr Would be adventurer

Oddometer:
    Okay - I've checked the schedules and all the CanalPlus channels are showing the correct FR programming, so it seems all is well.

For those who are only seeing one or two of these, this is the same provider that we've been using for FR4 video to date, so as a minimum, you should still be seeing FR4 if you were before.

Note that the next FR programming will be at 0130 CET (0030 GMT) with the Bivouac program on FR2.

I did a Google search for "canalplus/android/index" (extracted from the working FR4 link) and followed the first link in the results - it gave me the links for all five channels.
    I hope this helps someone. :D

Cheers,
    Fin.
  13. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:

Well said.

The baja motors are well known as gas hogs. They run a lot of R parts. An R carb, pro circuit head, valves and cam with open airbox. Plus the cannon PC race pipe. Makes about 58horsepower.

When I bought one I was warned it used ALOT of gas.

S your point is well made.

Why didn't HRC listen ?
  14. XSpearsX

XSpearsX Proud Dakar Wife

Oddometer:
    Is it me or is the tracking not doing a darn thing this afternoon? 11 bikes to go.
  15. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Never believe a press release

During my nightly snooker/meditation session I actually forgot about the Dakar for a while. Maybe that's why people pay to watch this crap, cheap therapy
  16. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    So Fuelgate was a hoax? :lol3

...that's some bad luck for Helder....having a wire ripped loose and not knowing what happened?
  17. El Cucuy

El Cucuy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    JC is 45 years old and is passing out orange slices at halftime right now w/ HRC.

In his prime, he showed up and got 8th w/o factory backing/prep.
  18. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:

Soooo ... We all, kind of, jumped to conclusion with the fuel, ha? :deal
  19. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    It's only showing CP times and not WPs....I've been refreshing the ASS page looking for Luis but who know how long it may take them to update his time even after he gets in?
  20. tommcbride

tommcbride Long timer

Oddometer:
    FYI: Watching the ES coverage earlier today at the end of the broadcast the broadcaster made a pre apology and made no guarantees for the Dakar coverage starting on time.