Finally a bright light you can run off a two stroke

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Baja Designs, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Baja Designs

Baja Designs The Scientist of Lighting

Oddometer:
    “Bright, Tiny, and Rugged”, our SII motorcycle light is now the newest addition to the Baja Designs line of motorcycle LED lights. The SII proves big things do come in the smallest packages. The new Baja Designs SII motorcycle light offers an incredible 1800 lumens out of a tiny 3”x 2” housing; our SII is THE brightest LED light ounce for ounce on the market. The SII draws merely 22 watts, 1.8 amps; this means many more motorcycles have the power to run this set-up than ever before. The SII is designed specifically for comfortable night-time riding. Our “Scientists of Lighting” have combined the features of an amazing distance projection, wide peripheral spread and a smooth light pattern. The SII utilizes two CREE XML LEDs - the brightest, most efficient LEDs on the market giving you a brilliant 1800 lumens. Three patterns are available, a combo/driving pattern, a spot pattern, and a full driving light pattern. The SII is designed, engineered, manufactured, and built in California and backed by Baja Designs’ limited lifetime warranty. If you are looking for the smallest and brightest LED light on the market the SII motorcycle light is for you!

http://www.bajadesig...Number=6602054R

This is an excellent choice for guys with two strokes or other race bikes that can only get a 50w lighting coil.
    We also offer 10% off for forum members
    Thanks
    Mike
    BD

[​IMG]
  2. Pigford

Pigford British

Oddometer:
    Interesting - and a nice unbiased write-up :deal
  3. Rob Farmer

Rob Farmer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Personally I find this in your face advertising a pain in the arse on forums.
  4. Kai Ju

Kai Ju Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Isn't that what the vendors section is for ?
  5. CoyoteCowboy

CoyoteCowboy Easily Distracted

Oddometer:
    It is, but given the nature of our older bikes generally less than stellar charging systems, mentioning this in the Old's Cool section might be just the ticket for someone looking for better lighting. I would have never thought to check with them to see what they have :scratch
  6. DGW

DGW Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I need it so THANKS for posting here.
  7. YamaGeek

YamaGeek Skeletor sparklemuffin.

Oddometer:
    So how about for really old two strokes with lighting coil, 6V AC power...

Or bikes running 12 volt 15 watt bulbs on AC?
  8. lrutt

lrutt SILENCE.....i kill you

Oddometer:
    If this was 6v. maybe. but even then my old RT1 would just eat every other light in the system as I'd have too much excess voltage running amock. Damned old balanced charging system. Although I am considering putting a regulator in there to control it.

Now if they made this as a replacement light bulb for a 12v positivie ground system, my 2 old Triumphs and my Norton would be very happy.
  9. Rogue_Ryder

Rogue_Ryder

Oddometer:
    Can a Stock XR600 power this light? Or does the XR need the stator rewound?

Thanks.
  10. Highside>Lowside

Highside>Lowside Hairier Than Thou

Oddometer:
    Chinese would be better? :huh

Though I am not a fan of the spamming, and I don't know a single Old's Cool ring ding that I would put that monstrosity on.
  11. Baja Designs

Baja Designs The Scientist of Lighting

Oddometer:
    You could use the stock stator, but you will need a Dc accessory kit (battery, harness and switch, and rectifier). Let me know if you need anything, thanks - Christian