Panhandle Old Guys

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by ElusivePedro, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Btw - I voted this thread as "Inspiring" - LOL!!! :D:D:D:deal
  2. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Pictures dammit man. I love the fact that there's POGs who still do go out in the 90+ heat and buttburn for the rest of us who, at times, like to ride keyboards more than motorsickles!!! Have a good time T! I really need to stick around and to yard and home husbandry this wkend.
  3. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    Pete, Tony and gang, Robin, Vic and I are planning a little jaunt up into Monroe County for Monday so we can meet the guys at the WOW Wingery.

Whos' in?
  4. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    You already heard my story WR - plus, SIGH, I have to WORK on Monday - GAH (one of these days, one of these days -- I'ma gonna just stick it to the man like so many POGs have)... I, for one though, know what work was like when it was fun. Nowadays - not so much. Oh well...

Sounds like a nice tour!

Anyway: http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Fishe...=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1308328221&sr=1-2 :deal

Looking forward to the day I can get a "retired" license plate.
  5. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I gotta work monday or I'd be right there with ya!

For the Brewton Blueberry Festival,,,,Melvin confirmed the meeting place is House of Pancakes on hwy 29 for some breakfast @ 7am tommorow.

And of course,,,,all welcome to join in.

Ridin street bikes and Melvin has a route figured to weave through a few counties on the way to the Brewton blueberry festival.

This thread is in need of more pictures, so if all goes well, I'll post some of some old guys doin what old guys do on motorcycles.
  6. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Read and heed Vatos -- :deal

Old?

Who you callin old batch?

[​IMG]

:lol3
  7. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    BS Mostly

[​IMG]

Sometimes we pose and wave
    [​IMG]

Sometimes we try to look manly
    [​IMG]

Sometimes we point out UFOs...

[​IMG]

We do other things too it just takes longer...
  8. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Pop's heading over to Nevada this week (today) to fly sailplanes around the moutains near Reno. Happy Father's Day Dad!

And Happy Father's Day to the rest of you OFFs too! :clap
  9. bzrider

bzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    happy fathers day to all... my kids got me a go pro cam:clap... and my son is comeing home from afganistan tomorrow....good fathers day:clap
  10. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Just got the fender and tail rack fixed up on the DR. All that's left to do is get down to the DMV and get it all legal and stuff...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    is that like REMF?:ear:lol3
  12. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!

[​IMG]
  13. Madhouse

Oddometer:
    Rear Echelon? :oscar

Anyway,, good day today in spite of the heat. Made a few shots and here they are:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not much of a car guy, but the car show at the festival was very good. Just about every old car looked brand new inside/out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cept these two:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of unusual plants. Bought one of these pitcher plants for Diann.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They have the ability to trap insects and digest them.
    This particular species came from the island of Borneo in the south Pacific.

A real good day with some Pensacola Old Riders.

Edit: Almost forgot,,,,Courtney discussed the latest progress on his new BMW shop.
    And you didn't hear it from me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but plan is for a outstanding young man we all know here will be heading-up the sales and service department.:wink:
  14. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Great to hear that BZ!

Let's hear it for all you Dads out there!

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wIt0NLJQvTY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wIt0NLJQvTY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  15. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Are those plants legal??? Can they be used for medicinal purposes? :wink: Very cool.

And HMMMMMMMM!!??!!?? "..An oustanding young man..." Veeeeery interesting. Can we take guesses and then you can say if we're correct??? :deal:norton
  16. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    This is probably the only rap song I have ever liked. I actually lisned to the very end....
  17. Madhouse

Oddometer:
    Pete, its probably best that the mystery man reveal himself when he's good and ready and when negotiations,ect,ect,ect get closer to gellin.
  18. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Well - if Dallas doesn't get the job, I am always looking for a reliable yard boy!

:rofl:D:rofl:D
  19. Madhouse

Oddometer:
  20. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:

Those were some sweet rides! I do like that Oyster truck. Flathead 8 - and not so rat roddish that it looks like an "on-purpose" rat rod. It's just a cool old truck. That yellow cuda with the black steel rims really reminded me of my yellow Dart Swinger I had back in the day.

On the DR, I've run into a few glitches with getting the rear fender, grab handle, rack, and subframe mounts all working together - this old girl has been taken apart and put back together so many times it seems as though nothing is what it should be. That's OK though. Just a little more work on my end to cover everyone elses "shortcuts". I haven't seen this much zip tie holding chit place since, well, ever! :lol3 Those zip ties will soon be history, and all things bolted shall be with the proper lock nuts and metric high strength bolts and nuts.

Took her out of the garage yesterday, pulled the choke, flipped on the gas petcock, hit the magic button, and VROOM! She fired right up and sat there idling just fine for about 15 minutes. I took her for an illicit lap around the block, and all systems work great. (Hell I took 'em ALL out of the man cave and did the same thing ;-)

Oh well - gotta make my neighbors happy and mow the friggin lawn. Thanks for the pix T!