*CSC 250cc RX-3 Cyclone

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Chad05gsa, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Chad05gsa

Chad05gsa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    sasho likes this.
  2. packerbacker

packerbacker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    specs look good: FI, 6pd, water cooled, e-start, 4+ gallon tank, disc brakes all around
    ...poor man's GS :wink:
    Combatscoot likes this.
  3. phreakingeek

phreakingeek Big Ear Inc - Virginia Provider

Oddometer:
    385lbs with 18.5 HP, as much as I would like a lot more options in dual sport bikes, I dont know if this one is the answer. Specs do look pretty good though...anyone know what the price will be? The rest of their lineup is roughly $3k-5k...guess i'd have to ride one before i can say if it's a keeper.
    OU812 likes this.
  4. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. Chad05gsa

Oddometer:
    The specs do look good. They have a special buy for around 2800. And after the first US shipment hits the soil price goes up to around 3800 (Don't quote me on exact price, it's pretty close I believe)
  6. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  7. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    it says right in that blog posted above, $2895 first shipment, $3495 after that.
    did you bother to read it?
  8. Chad05gsa

Oddometer:
    I read it this morning. and was not looking for the exact price just now :deal
  9. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Have you contacted Cycle World to have them give it a test ride when you get them. I can put you in contact with Mark Hoyer if need be.
  10. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    We have not contacted any of the mags yet...this is the first time we've posted a price. If you would like to let Mr. Hoyer know, we'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks.
  11. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    I see you have a couple of examples that you have been riding.

What's the comfortable highway cruise speed? Will it do 75mph?

Are these built to your specifications? or something the Chinese came up with?
  12. phreakingeek

Oddometer:
    I read the first article attached to the first post...I also looked around the site and found the price list for the other bikes, which did not include the RX-3.

The blog link was posted posted after my post, I did read it.

Posting the price information in your reply was nice, but the "did you bother to read it?" was unnecessary...

Mikemm likes this.
  13. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    The bike looks interesting but their wording on the website sounds just like an olde tyme circus promoter.

Setp right up folks!

[​IMG]
  14. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. zirconx

zirconx Midwest Traveler

Oddometer:
    I'm seeing almost 25 horsepower. About the same HP and weight of my Honda CBR250R.

http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/chinese-built-250cc-adventure-bike-coming-to-the-us/

[​IMG]
  16. phreakingeek

Oddometer:
  17. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like you get a lot of bike for the money. As in about 30 pounds more bike than my 640. :evil

Probably OK for the mission. I am sure it gets the job done. But DR650 weight seems like a lot for a 250 haul around.
  18. HanShotFirst

HanShotFirst Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The weight is a bit disconcerting, but the rest of the specs and the price look quite promising. Looks like it would be a comfortable bike, wouldn't mind one for my daughter. I'd want to know more about the company, how long in the US, how many dealers, parts availability, intentional parts availability, etc.

VERY good looking bike.

But as an adventure bike, I would think a 250 would be targeting the smaller statured and newer riders, and 385lbs is a lot for a small person or new rider to muscle about off road.

Still, I wish them the best of success...good looking bike.
  19. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    So how about that 500cc ATV motor in this bike as another model?
    Zongshen has that motor in house and you've said they can make bikes most any way the customer wants.
  20. zhu

zhu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Came across a guy riding one of these in Dali Yunnan. He bought it new and had been on the road for 42 days through China, Laos, Thailand and Cambodia . 12000km with no problem. They sell for 20,000kuai in China so the price you guys are talking about seems good.

While you are discussing the weight of the thing bear in mind all the plastic luggage and racks and crash bars are included standard in the price so they are probably included in the tare weight as well. It seems to me that the thing is weighed down with accessories and under it all is a pretty decent bike . The guy rode with us for a day and the bike was pretty quick . I have no interest in this company I would just like to see the thing get a fair go.

Really have no idea who or what is their target market , but for Asian roads where you cant really ride fast because of the traffic/cows/yaks/landslides/unpredictability of the roads it seems a pretty fair choice. My two cents worth.
    LM15 and Jay_In_Milpitas like this.