Supermoto or Enduro Husaquvarna

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by sheppie62, Jan 16, 2006.

1. sheppie62

sheppie62 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What are pluses and minuses of each model? I will ride about 50/50 street dirt. What about dual sport tire selection? I live in California the dirt is usually hard and dry. What about sand? Can a supermoto stye be ridden in sand dunes should I get an extra set of rims? :scratch Oh yea would like to try supermoto racing maybe, (I think I'm answering my own question?):norton
  2. ChrisC

ChrisC Amal sex?

Oddometer:

Super 'tards run what are basically slicks. If'n you're going to the dunes, another set of wheels would be the way to go...
  3. not2fast

not2fast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You gotta lean to spell Husqvarna correctly before they will let you buy one....:lol3

Terry
  4. CMWoody

CMWoody Banned

Oddometer:
    Buy both sets of wheels. They're basically the same except the forks are sprung and valved a little stiffer on the supermoto.

I went withh the SMR610 myself:D
  5. Matttys

Matttys Matt the Balloon Guy

Oddometer:
    SM and you will never go back.
  6. Elsie4

Elsie4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Based on how you said you'd use the bike, I'd reccomend getting the enduro, because it will be a lot better in the dirt than the SM. It can also be a lot of fun on the street. You will not be happy riding dirt with the SM if you are an accomplished dirt rider, especially the rough stuff. If you are just running fire roads, the SM is fine. The suspension is setup for road more than street with the SM.

I have nothing at all against the SM, in fact, I did just what I'm reccomending to you when I bought my '01 LC4. I got the enduro, then eventually a set of 17" wheels. Time went on, and then I got another set of forks with more restrictive valving and lowered, so less dive when braking or doing brakies. I now own an SMC625 and an SXC625 so I can enjoy both for what they were designed for.

I have ridden my SM off road and gotten a nail through the rear tire twice. (Man I hate rear flats)! The street tires are a lot softer than knobbies, and seem to be much more susceptible to flats as a result. Also if you like to jump your bike, the dirt rims/tires will handle the landings better because the sidewalls are taller and stronger from my experience. I run Pirelli MT 21's most of the time on my SXC, and just switched to Conti Force SM tires for the tard. A lot of Duke owners damage their rims because of the lower profile tires.

Bottom line, no matter which Husky you buy, you're going to have fun! They are very nice bikes. Saw them at the show this past weekend. Post some pics when you get it!