The Wanderings of a 36 year old Electraglide

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by BC Brian, Sep 17, 2012.

1. WaywardSon

WaywardSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Truly enjoyed the report...and thank you for taking the time to post it up. If you manage to find yourself in my neck of the woods, give me a shout. Got food, shelter & beer...be pleased to meet you.
  2. BC Brian

BC Brian Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey BigChriss99

Thank you for your.... ummm...... thank yous :D

It was a great ride and I am glad you came along for the ride.

The old bike was great, and there are many,many....... many more miles in her.

And..... when I wear her out, I can rebuild her and start all over again. (actually, if I keep on riding her on long trips like this she willl eventually be a new bike):rofl
  3. BC Brian

Oddometer:
    Thanks bobw

It was an awesome ride and making it to her b'day party was pretty great. I told her I would try, but no guarantees. She was pretty stoked that I made it.

We may well have gone to different schools together. Let me check my old pictures and see if I don't have any photos of you :D

That makes me think of the old school biker I met at the bike rally in Texas on the Buell trip. Somewhere during our drunken talking, hand shaking and occasional hug, he told me "We maat ave grawn ep thousands a maals apaat, but we'a frum the saym plais. Ya'll git waat am sain? (say it heavy on the Texas drawl)

Thanks for sharing with the OTHER old timers. (I do try to think of my bike as the old timer and that I am the young fellow riding her, though):rofl
  4. BC Brian

Oddometer:
    Thanks WaywardSon

I am glad you enjoyed it.

I was actually there last spring on my Buell ,Bought a tire at Chase Motorsports and a gallon of oil at the Harley Shop just east of town.

If I am down your way again I will fer sher look you up.
  5. stoney4vida

stoney4vida Semper Fidelis

Oddometer:
    Great ride on an Old classic.Thanks for taking me along. My first HD was a 1976 super glide in 1985. Still have a 1980 Shovel and a 65 Pan.They've taken me a lot of places and left me in a few longer than planned :evil but always a fun ride. As someone said in your RR , the old bikes have soul. I'm getting ready to jump into your Buell trip ( I have an 07 Uly too ) Ride safe and take care.
  6. BC Brian

Oddometer:
    Glad you liked it Stoney4vida.

Gotta like the old iron, even if you gotta bring a few wrenches with ya :D

Hope you enjoy the Buell RR. I had fun doing it.
  7. orbiker

orbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the great RR Brian.

My first bike was a new 1977 FXE. I got it after I got out of the Navy. I road that bike all over (150,000 miles). I even made it up your way a couple time on it. I was a logger after I got out of the Navy and many summers it would get too dry in the woods and we couldn't work (might start a fire with the equipment). (darn it anyway)

One of the many cool things about old HD's is some parts are available at the auto parts store. I ran Blue Streak brand points and condenser (6 cylinder chevy) in my bike for 20 years. I also ran 50 weight aircraft oil (60 weight in the summer) that was available at any airport. It was a very faithful bike. It only stranded me on the side of the road once because of a blowout on the rear tire. I fixed it on the side of the road with some help from a local who had a tube at his house that he went and got for me on Memorial weekend. Back then, lock tite was not invented, so many of the nuts the tried to come loose were double nutted.

Those were the good ol' days.
  8. Mafketel

Mafketel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed the buell old HD report ... while stranded in San Salvador.:D:evil:norton
  9. Iranian

Iranian Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's my kind of RR. Thanks for nice RR. I have though a couple of question for you. How many miles did you cover during your trip. I didn't get that part. You write that your bike is from 1976 but in the title you have written a 36 years old electra glide. I am born 1979 and I will tomorrow turn into 36 winters old man, so your bike must been 39 years old. Right? Or am I seeing thing wrong?
  10. BC Brian

Oddometer:
    Hi Iranian

I am glad you enjoyed it.

I made that trip and posted the RR in 2012, so at the time the bike was 36. It is now 39 years old

The trip was about 6,000 miles, or 10,000 kms

It was also all kinds of awesome

Stay tuned. There is a real possibility of another RR coming up soon
  11. BC Brian

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mafketel

I am glad you enjoyed them

Looking forward to reading more of your adventures