The Duvall Zone

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Davidovich650, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Davidovich650

Davidovich650 KLR-ista

Oddometer:
    The Duvall Zone

Picture a man on a motorcycle outside of Duvall. He is parked by a sign that leads into a forest, and stairs wide-eyed into the mist as pavement turns to gravel, as punishment beckons him to enter the woods, and howls of over-revved engines, shrieks of bending steeal, screams of mortal agaony, and the laughter of his riding buddies fills his ears. Yes, he is preparing to enter…. The Duvall Zone….

On a Saturday morning, in the not too distant future, an undetermined number of Advriders may once again creep back into the woods east of Duvall. What awaits them, only a select few know – but it is punishment that awaits them, yes punishment; clutches will burn, tires will smoke, plastic will shatter, as the impossible ride will be attempted by the unknowing riders in the unforgiving ride. Would you return to The Duvall Zone? Would you risk bike, sanity, endless weekends of repairs and rehabilitation… to return?

Don’t adjust your dial, don’t adjust your carbs, don’t tell JoMamma where you are going, because, once again, you will enter, but may never leave…. The Duvall Zone.

This show is rated R1200GS. Riders with Big Pigs may attempt this ride which will include steep hills, deep mud-pits, over-grown single track, and generally crappy terrain.
  2. Guaglione

Guaglione Untethered

Oddometer:
    :eek1 :eek1 :eek1 :eek1 :eek1
  3. gentry

gentry For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer:
    schweeeeet..... :D :ear :thumb
  4. Guaglione

Guaglione Untethered

Oddometer:
    Picture a total nOOb, riding his spanking brand new 1150GS Adventure, in his total poser Ewan McGregor outfit. Picture a big hill. Picture a bunch of guys standing at the top waving him on. Picture a momentary lapse in judgement.

Now picture a trip to the ER, two weeks in a soft cast, and months of limping.

not a pretty picture, is it.
    :huh
  5. gentry

Oddometer:

you forgot the doods at the bottom saying "you seem somewhat freaked out about this. Why dont you sit this one out?"

you'll go back and it'll look easy now after all the ridin' youve been doin now :thumb
  6. dirtyboy

dirtyboy Wheel spinner

Oddometer:

Picture the locals watching from a safe distance, sucking who knows what out of a corn cob pipe in one hand, shotgun in the other, hound at the feet, saying to one another "that ain't like no normal dirtbike we used to seein' in these parts" :rofl :rofl :rofl
  7. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Allergic to Organic

Oddometer:
    I resemble that remark :lol3
  8. Davidovich650

Davidovich650 KLR-ista

Oddometer:
    Yeah, and ya look at the amount of spent shotgun shells out there and ya start hearing banjo music wafting out of the woods.....

9. gentry

Oddometer:

but daym them boys sure got purdy mouths.....
  10. Darin

Darin WYSIWYG (WIZ-zee-wig)

Oddometer:
    Well picture this... a bald headed yellow dude eating popcorn and waiting........:lurk

...waiting for the "Duvall ZoNe pix??:asshat
  11. bluesurf

bluesurf en dos ruedas

Oddometer:
    Saturday, September 17th?

In!
  12. 88NX250

88NX250 Team USA

Oddometer:
    Sept 10th works way better for me...the weekend of the 17th is pretty much the only one I can't do in Sept...
  13. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:

You left out the ass squeazing total poser riding pants :puke1 Not a pretty picture is it :eek1

To get things back on track Sept 17th, huh birthday, possible birthday pass, huh sounds good to me. :1drink
  14. dirtyboy

dirtyboy Wheel spinner

Oddometer:
    As long as I get back from CO by Friday, I'll be there!
  15. batfink

batfink squid vicious

Oddometer:
    I'll be in Old Blighty then so I won't be able to make it. I will be there in spirit though. I'll just imagine the broken bits of plastic and smashed swingarms, the gashed clutch covers, the slightly but ever so badly bent front forks, the slow leaking of oil and the smell of battery acid leaking everywhere.

Ah yes, a fine bouqeut indeed ;)
  16. Solo Lobo

Solo Lobo airhead or nothing Supporter

Oddometer:
    After my little ride through Baja Dave's territory, I have no fear! (OK a little, I can admit it!).... bad news for me though... I have the kids on the 17th and can't shirk my duties... I'll have to sit this one out...

I shoyuld point out that before Luca attempted "THE HILL" he did watch me eat it THREE TIMES going up....... what I learned aftert that Duvall ride was

NEVER GO WITHOUT LETTING SOMEONE GO IN FRONT OF YOU!!!

Of course, I forgot that lesson on Dave's ride and paid the price on route D!
  17. gentry

Oddometer:
    bump
  18. gentry

Oddometer:
    b u m p
  19. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    Ahh, back on top :evil Less than a week away.
  20. gentry

Oddometer:
    whose coming in the GS/trailie crowd?? Luca?? Stosh?? Johnny??

Ive got a pass for the whole day so it's a ridin' I will go.... I dont care if its snowing...