Dual Plug Question

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Wirespokes, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Wirespokes

Wirespokes Beemerholics Anonymous

Oddometer:
    I've got Tom Cutter's write-up on dual plugging and in his preface says some of the data is wrong or out of date. But he doesn't say what.

I imagine that some of the contact information could be wrong - but what about the ignition timing figures or data like that? Is all of that still workable?
  2. Solo Lobo

Solo Lobo airhead or nothing Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey TVRLA,

Gonna dual-plug before our Oly-loop ride next month????:D
  3. Wirespokes

Oddometer:
    Nope! This is a 76 R90S I've just finished rebuilding that was dual plugged when I got it. I'm just trying to get it set up properly.

I don't recall the exact date for our Olympic ride. When was that? I'll be getting back from a ride to the east coast around the fourth or fifth.
  4. mars

mars Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer:
    I dual plugged my 76 R90's and if I remember right I set the timing at idle to tdc. I assume you have the electronic ignition? The hardest part was getting the two pick ups to trigger at the same time, they are both adjustable.
  5. Solo Lobo

Oddometer:
    (fingers crossed) Coopville should have his work schedule in the next few days... the ideal days are August 13, 14, 15th potnetially stretching to the 16th.... I will post in the PNW forum once I am sure.

So far no takers other than us three...

SL

6. Wirespokes

Oddometer:
    I've got a Dyna III but not installed yet. Still points with an amplifier. Static timing shows it's a few degrees retarded, but with my light comes out to be on the marks. I haven't done anything yet to limit the full advance. I think I need some tubing over the stops.

Solo - I think a GS friend of mine in town here might come along. I was thinking mid July, so I should be all practiced up by then - butt callouses and all.
  7. Solo Lobo

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, the more the merrier !(to a point that is)