Motorcycles, Mooses and a Big Blue Racoon

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by UT R1150R, Aug 4, 2008.

1. UT R1150R

UT R1150R Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was too hot to do yardwork that wasn't going to get done anyway so I figured a ride up the Mirror Lake Highway was in order.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics...

Anyway, once in the Uintahs and not far from the Bald Mountain Lookout, I saw these two guys hanging out in a meadow. They didn't seem to mind the 150 people taking pictures. :1drink

[​IMG]

Then, on my way back home I took Guardsmans Pass from Park City over to Big Cottonwood Canyon, which leads down to the Salt Lake Valley. At the top of the pass I saw a big blue racoon. :eek1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Later, about half way down the canyon there was a long line of stopped cars. I could see some flashing lights ahead so I rode past all of the traffic to the front to see what was happening. The deputy told me that there was a motorcycle accident down around the corner.

[​IMG]

We waited for about an hour before they picked up all their investigation stuff and let us through.

I couldn't take a pic while riding but it looked like one of those huge custom choppers had been laid down and slid into the front of a Honda Civic. The bumper, etc of the Honda was all torn off but the bike didn't look that bad.

I don't know what happened to the rider but I hope he's ok. Supposedly it was going to be on channel 13 news but I couldn't find anything on Faux's website.

Hope you enjoyed my little Sunday afternoon adventure!
  2. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    fun pix, thanks for posting. That racoon is scary!
  3. Britriderinutah

Britriderinutah stillanoob

Oddometer:
    Thats a ride I do often myself, I live in Cottonwood Heights and go over Guardsman all the time to PC and Heber. Unfortunately I too saw the news of the accident in Big Cottonwood, they said the guy is in critical condition with head injuries, no helmet. Great shot of the Moose The racoon WOAH now thats pretty scary stuff. Life in Utah HUH ? Gotta love it. Ride safe .