Rossi and JB to split

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Clancy, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    Doesn't surprise me a bit.
    I thought Rossi might quit after this year but he's gunna prolong the agony one more year.

I think JB would have had some thing to say about that.
  3. Russ

Russ Путин - военный преступник

Oddometer:
    JB is a genius, Rossi will realise that next season.
  4. neilaction

neilaction Slightly Less Adventurous

Oddometer:
    I think JB said he didn't think Valentino could win another championship.
    I think he's right. :1drink

In Valentino's defence, and given how driven any champion must be, if he's going to have another crack, he needs his top mechanic to believe he can win. :1drink
  5. Gimme 2

Gimme 2 wheels , with nobs

Oddometer:
    I rekon their both the same , in they are sick of not winning. Its a good move, all the bitching aside i rekon they would both agree its a good move for each other . How long has it been that they've been dating:lol3 10 years ? 11?
    Its in Rossi's character, he has always been one to move from one rock to another ,unlike , say Doohan Schwantz or Bayliss.
    A change is good, sure, i think Rossi is the first to admit he's not up with the likes of the onsong Lorenzo and F#%King Madman Marquez and Pedrosa . He knew it was at an end with Stoner but inself denial. But a racer always thinks he can:lol3.
  6. buggalugs

buggalugs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rumour I heard is VR46 might want another couple years AFTER next season. JB was in for 2014 if it was a finale but makes more sense to split now and let new chief get settled for a 3 year stint. Doubt Yamaha will give VR a bike that long ...
  7. johno

johno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mount Gambier, South Australia, Australia.
    Rossi wants to blame someone for not winning, instead of looking at himself as the reason. Hes over the hill, but wont admit it.
    Good rider in his day, but outclassed now.
  8. ararat

ararat Dr. BMW and Mr KTM

Oddometer:
    Auckland the land of the rain and clouds...
    I am sure you are right, but only time will tell if rossi wins or not.:freaky
  9. Gimme 2

Gimme 2 wheels , with nobs

Oddometer:
    i think its called believing in yourself, and leaving no stone unturned. Good on ya Rossi.

On the otherside of the coin. You could say exactly the same of JB
    Ever thought that JB maybe over it? he's been at it a while now, old codger , at least he did a little bit aye:lol3 a few or so WC'S.
  10. FEARNOBEER

FEARNOBEER Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Huge respect to both, would love to see JB head over to KTM and Bring Jack Miller through the ranks:freaky:freaky
  11. neilaction

neilaction Slightly Less Adventurous

Oddometer:
    Fair play to both of them. Legends of the sport. :1drink

The risk for Rossi is that if he gets another chief mechanic and doesn't start winning, it will be all, or mainly, down to himself.

The shine has rubbed off Rossi in recent years. Starting with his move to Ducati after a few exchanges with Stoner. On and off the track. :D Swaps back to Yamaha and is no where near Lorenzo. If he slips back further with a new mechanic...... well that should end that. :1drink

I don't really care one way or another. I just want another Aussie at the pointy end. :deal Well anyone not from Spain would be OK too. :lol3