Uly pegs on a Steamer, yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by rally roo, Jan 9, 2013.

1. rally roo

rally roo Total poser

Oddometer:
    Using the ever-useful search function, I've found contradictory opinions on whether Ulysses footpegs will fit on a '98 Tiger; some say yes, with slight modification, and other sources say they will only fit Girlies.

So, anyone have experience on how it'll play out if I snag some Uly pegs and try to make them work on the Steamer?

Alternately, are there other pegs out there (I know about Mustang's; they look awesome, but are out of my price range), which might give me the same amount of drop? I'm currently running WR250 pegs which are somewhat lower than stock, but my knees still feel like they're up around my ears. :D

Cheers!
  2. bobnoxious67

bobnoxious67 Baby steps...

Oddometer:
    No idea on Uly pegs...I'm running a set of the Mustang pegs on my Girlie.

Have you found this thread yet? We occasionally organize big bike friendly rides in Cranberry Country (Wareham/Plymouth/Rochester/Marion/Middleboro):deal

Boston/Cambridge dual sport
  3. rally roo

rally roo Total poser

Oddometer:
    I do lurk in there from time to time but haven't joined up on any rides yet. This season will be the time to do it though!
  4. bobnoxious67

bobnoxious67 Baby steps...

Oddometer:
    If your DRZ is plated, you can watch for a chance to join us on a little dirty bike ride too:wink:
  5. markbvt

markbvt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Georgia, Vermont (that's one town, not two states)
    I have power tools, David, including an angle grinder. We can make the Uly pegs fit. :D

--mark
  6. unlucky1

unlucky1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's your endgame on this? I ask because I can't say I'm a fan of the Uly pegs. As soon as my boots are wet they slide around on them. I've been looking for a more grippy/serrated option, myself.
  7. rally roo

rally roo Total poser

Oddometer:
    Really, I'm just looking for lower pegs; serrated would be nice, but I think I'd trade leg comfort for a bit of grip. I may just try to chop up the WR pegs that are on there right now and weld in some lower extensions.
  8. thisflatearth

thisflatearth 2 wheel has been

Oddometer:
    I went with these on my Uly and it transformed the bike. I have the stock pegs that I could loan out but I would need them back without modifications.

I keep all stock parts for bikes and cars if I take them off.

I know $150 is a big leap to take with out knowing if they are gonna fit. If you want me to measure the stock pegs let me know what measurements you need.
  9. jk3campbell

jk3campbell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was not a fan of the stock pegs on my Uly. The lack of bite and vibes of the bike had my feet constantly sliding around on them. You could always modify them if you have the same issues. Before trading my Uly I was thinkiing about grinding some sharper edges into mine or tapping some holes for track spikes or something similar. Uly pegs would be about the cheapest option though I bet.
  10. jk3campbell

jk3campbell Adventurer

Oddometer:
  11. rally roo

rally roo Total poser

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply! I had seen that thread, but apparently had missed it when someone else asked whether the pegs would fit on a Steamer. Ah well, I'll make do with what's on there for now!
  12. jphish

jphish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Uly footpegs - even modified with set screws, still dont allow dirt / mud to fall thru - and just gets thicker. I replaced my Uly pegs with a precision engineering set. Excellent! Mustang footpegs on my Girlie serve the same function. Also excellent. "Ya cant make a silk purse from a sows ear" - just get the Mustang pegs and be done with it. I filed the "points" down just a tad, to lessen the wear on boot soles. Good luck
  13. rally roo

rally roo Total poser

Oddometer:
    Yeah, it's looking like that might be the best option at this point, or trying to modify the WR pegs that are on there.
  14. jjdavidson

jjdavidson Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer: