Honda SH150i

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Apr 4, 2013.

1. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    My dealer has a leftover 2010. I am quite tempted at the minute but I would like to gather some info on it.
    I think the PCX and SH have different engines but if you think they are the same please share your thoughts. I also think the SH is slightly more powerful than the PCX (about 3HP more).
    Any owners here?
    Any input will help. Thanks!
  2. GREY.HOUND

GREY.HOUND Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As mentioned in the other post, I think the Sh150i is great. I think the biggest issue is support/aftermarket, etc. The PCX seems to be doing well and has a great following; it seems as though the Sh150i didn't go over so well. I'd go with the PCX.
  3. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Sh150i is a great scooter. It was seriously overpriced when new. If you can get a good deal on one, I'd go for it. It was not available for very long, and I'm not sure how good dealer service would be, as nobody has much experience with it. But it is a common design, and parts will be available from Honda for many years to come.
  4. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I think I have to agree with JerryH on the support. There are Honda many Honda dealers around the US. But now as to how many were sold, it can't be too many.
    Some European websites rate the SH pretty high.
  5. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    The SH150i is a different style scooter from the PCX. They have completely different riding positions. I much prefer the upright riding position of the SH but that is something you need to decide for yourself.
  6. quasigentrified

quasigentrified Bikeslut

Oddometer:
    great, rock-solid scoot. only fault was the tardwalloping price tag.

personally, though, i think the sportcity 250 is the spiritual older brother to the sh150, and i'd much rather have it. also a bulletproof scoot, although its particular flaw is the pain of the oem aprilia/piaggio parts supply chain in the states.
  7. Bugtussle

Bugtussle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe while were focusing on the SH150 here for a bit, are there any members here that have any input on any of the servicing procedures involved with this scoot? I searched youtube and found one valve adjust Video Theres just not much info out there on this scooter. I feel the reason for this is the over pricing mode Honda was in when this scooter was released. Im coming from a SYM HD200 and as much as I like it Im tired of grubbing for parts and support. I sat on a SH150 in the showroom and liked the upright seating, I think Im going to look for a deal on one.
  8. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    there was a post on this 3 weeks ago . the guy bought his and her sh150i. someone posted the dealer pricing which is about 900 bucks or so under the MSRP. Great scooter that go fast and dead reliable . If the dealer isn't one of those that tries to shaft you for more then 600 bucks for set up , shipping and doc fees go for it. if you want to see what other dealer are wanting hope over to http://www.cycletrader.com/Honda-Sh...199&year=*:2012&modelkeyword=1&sort=year:desc

3200 is the new old stock pricing. 2 grand is the cheapest one in Fl usa.
  9. LarryRickenbacker

LarryRickenbacker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Howdy,

I've been the satisfied owner of an Sh150i for over two years. Cutting to the chase, this bike has but one flaw: It's rear drum brake. Remember that every other country in the world rates the usual rear disc!
    Good braking is important when one tips the scales at 280 lbs. I avg. 70 mpg and 60 mph. Someone weighing in at say 100 lb less would get better figures, obviously. She's quick up to around 40 mph. No problems with this bike, although I've put just 6400 miles on her. Good luck!
  10. blugg1

blugg1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bugtussie,

What parts for the SYM HD 200 can't you find? There's a dealer in Phoenix and one near me in Tucson. Let me know what you need and I'll see if any of these dealers have them.

The HD 200 that I've got is a stellar performer, but with only 5K on it I haven't needed any parts.
  11. John Bentall

John Bentall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did not realise that! The Honda SH125i here in the UK gets ABS and CBS with the rear disc, whereas our PCX 125, like the US PCX 150, gets just CBS and the rear drum.

I note that Honda USA call the SH150i a 2010 model. Does anyone know why?
  12. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    That's the last year it was sold in the US and yes, there still are some available. Brand new.
  13. John Bentall

John Bentall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    One would assume that if they ever imported them again, they would have a rear disc and ABS.
  14. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Given the little success it had, I doubt Honda USA has plans to bring it back to the US. I think we might see the Forza 300 instead. Emphasis on "might."
  15. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Live To Ride

Oddometer:
    Seems to me that the Forza would fill a void in the 300cc market for Honda. Given the apparent success of the PCX (an assumption based on more internet posts and interest), it would seem like a smart sales decision to release the Forza in the US.

Well, as long as they price it better than the did with the SH150i.
  16. quasigentrified

quasigentrified Bikeslut

Oddometer:
    we aren't getting the integra nc700, i assume?
  17. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I really don't think so but one never knows. I sat on one while on a trip to Europe in March. It's pretty awesome.
  18. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    I never understood why any bike needed a rear disc. I have never owned a bike, from 1500 Goldwing to a 50cc moped, that I could not easily lock the rear wheel on. I put several thousand miles on a 250 Rebel with NO rear brake, because I relocated the pegs and shifter 4" forward and never got around to rigging up a rear brake linkage. I finally forgot about it, and realized I didn't need it on such a small lightweight bike. I can see a rear disc on the Goldwing, with a passenger and a full load of luggage (which is what it was designed for) it would have quite a bit of weight on the rear wheel. Unfortunately, the Goldwing also had LINKED brakes, which I definitely consider unsafe.

I just found this on the local Craigslist. It is expensive, but is almost new, and is a Honda. It is also 153cc, which makes it freeway legal. I seriously doubt it would do 80 mph, my 250 Rebel would barely do that under the right conditions. I don't really like the look, I do like the flat floor. And Honda has a policy of supplying parts for at least 10 years after the date of manufacture. So I should be able to get any needed parts from online parts sources like bikebandit.com and cheapcycleparts.com.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/3748427083.html
  19. GREY.HOUND

GREY.HOUND Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think they are giving us the CTX models instead. I think, based on pics that the integra has the same feet forward design. I might be wrong though. I personally would like the integra over either model ctx.
  20. quasigentrified

quasigentrified Bikeslut

Oddometer:
    jerry, i'm assuming yes given your extensive experience, but have you tried the sportcity 250? i've owned both the sh150i and the sc250, and the sc250 sits and rides very much like the sh150i, but with a lot more juice. they're both excellent rides, though. like you, i prefer the upright seating position. note, though, the sh150i has linked brakes, whereas the sc250 does not.