Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just run around and shoot people pretty much. I do like the Kill Confirmed matches on MW3.
  2. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    I should be... Gotta get the kids to bed, help Mrs Z clean up some, etc. I'll add ya when I get on. I don't have a headset though, so I won't be able to talk to you.
  3. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    Anyone still playing Borderlands? I hadn't looked at it until it came up in the Bargain Bin. It's actually a pretty good game.
  4. nadams

nadams Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I recently completely my first playthrough of the game. It was $2.50 on Steam or something like that. The dynamic took a little getting used to, but eventually I warmed up to it.

I also bought all 4 DLC's, but people who know tell me that I need to do the 2nd playthrough before starting the DLCs, and I need to give it a little break before I can play the same story... again.
  5. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    Good games last night! Another question though... Is there a separate volume control for people with headsets? When there was no game sound I could hear you talking, although not very loud. When I was shooting or there was other sounds, I couldn't hear anything. I have the master volume turned all the way up, and then control volume through my receiver (using headphones to not wake anyone up). I looked around the game options but could not find a separate volume control panel like other games have (main, sound effects, mic, headset, etc...)

Another thing that I have had problems with for the past 4 years is that every now and then my internet just drops out. I was kicked out of three games last night because I "lost connection to the server". Sucks, but oh well. Normally I can join back in, but not always if the server fills my spot during the minute it takes for the internet to come back.
  6. CodyY

CodyY ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer:
    The VOIP is the biggest complaint on the forums. With a headset your headset has a volume adjustment on it. I have my input sensitivity down so it picks up less background noise

I blame U-Verse when I get booted, it likes to drop out for no reason sometimes. That or if the DVR is recording, i'm gaming, and the wife is watching HDTV in the other room; guess which loses out.
  7. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    I guess I worded that wrong. I am using a set of headphones hooked into the receiver. Not a set of Turtle Beaches or anything like that hooked directly to the PS3. Either way, I think the volume controls are lacking in BF3. COD has separate controls for increasing each type of sound, I can't find that option in BF3.
  8. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    I finally tried MW3...took me 2 rounds to get back into it (probably because I haven't played MW2 for a month) but then got the top spot on domination :clap

The new cloud save feature is great so now if I ever get MW3 my progress will transfer easily.
  9. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Been playing Arkham City on the PC. Really like the game. Graphic's look really good. No issues with bugs. Finished the main story line with Batman and then finished Cat Woman's storyline. Now I'm just finishing up getting all of the trophies. One of the few games, I've actually finished. MGS4 was the other one. I still haven't finished Mirror's Edge, another really good game.
  10. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was on MW3 for a bit this morning, gave up when I kept loosing connection and the servers kept switching.

Finally gave up and went to go do shit.
  11. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    Online gaming is a huge time suck. Not as bad in the winter when the bike is stowed but in the summer I don't even look at the PC after 8pm or I'm lost.
  12. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    You wont see the glaring problems (which still exist) until higher tier tanks. I am hooked on this game, but they seriously need to fix the match maker. As a tier 5 or 6 tank there is no way in hell you should end up in battles with tier 9 and 10's, you wont even get a shot off.

On the flip side when your the one in the tier 10 its somewhat satisfying.
  13. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    The only thing that is pissing me off right now is all the obvious newbies trying the all-in tank rush right up the middle every stinking game. On the other hand, when I end up in a battle where everyone has an idea of what to do, where to go and how to work together....it's magic. Had one battle last night that we won 15-2 (and I wasn't one of the 2). I need to find a clan to join to make this a little more consistent.
  14. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    Noob rush wont go away till after the holidays unfortunatelly.

Ive gone in battles that I have had 8 kills, which is over half their team, and it wasnt garbage picking, and still lost

Unfortunatelly not all people are created equal and there are some really thick fucks out there.

Im currently on a Hiatis from the game for this reason. They have created the basework for a fantastic product, but they need to crack down on the shinanigans in the game and decide if they want to keep the people they have, and the biggest thing is fix the MM.
  15. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    That's about as nerdy as one could get.
  16. Bonnie Abbzug

Bonnie Abbzug Property of Hayduke

Oddometer:
    Charla and fam are here visiting and we just totally geeked out on Skyrim! :lol3
  17. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got $25 to burn on Amazon, I could maybe go $10-15 over that. Somebody suggest me a PS3 game that isn't Skyrim or Fallout 3.
  18. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Batman Arkham City
    Mirror's Edge
    Infamous 1/2
    Borderlands
    Far Cry 2
    MGS4
    Ratchet & Clank
    Sly Cooper
    Little Big Planet GOTY 1/2
    God of War
    LA Noire
    Final Fantasy...

There are a lot of older good games.
  20. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys... I think I might splurge and get Arkham Asylum and Assassin's Creed II. I've got a hard time picking games, so many good ones, and I don't mind being a couple years behind if it saves me a few bucks :lol3