For Winnipeg and the surrounding area!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BOBMUNZ, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Eastbayview

Eastbayview Ride On

Oddometer:
    My bike is new this year but for me I'm not too concerned with much happening with the KLR requiring warranty work. They've been around so long and have a rep as being very reliable. I'd rather have the Doo done and not have to worry about a spring letting loose and then dealing with the bike being in a shop for extended time for warranty work.:eek1

Just my thoughts.:D
  2. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd go with the U-Bolt. Seems more secure than the clamp and less expensive than the brake reservoir type.
  3. SoSlow

SoSlow Having fun

Oddometer:
    I second that.

The only thing I'd suggest, though, is make sure you get the right size U-bolt - using the included plastic spacer to make the large U-bolt fit a smaller bar doesn't seem to work nearly as well regardless of how much you tighten it down.
  4. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Could the weather have been any more filled with crap??:eek1
  5. maraisrider

maraisrider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

I find it highly unlikely :puke1

I'm fed up with all the wind and cold. At least when it does warm up the mosquitos will help us forget the weather!
  6. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cross post from Northern Ontario forum, but...

Just heard from Greg, and he's in Elliot Lake for the night.
    Has 300 KM to make before breakfast and the ferry tomorrow.
    But...
    I'm not sure he's going to be able to stay focused, as tonight he's happily ensconced wtih 2 fellow Advrs. :-) :freaky...
    :lol3

All part of life's rich adventure. :clap
    Cheers!
  7. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Thanks to the trusty IPod, I am able to confirm, another Adventureous day has come to an end. Pulled into the Hampton inn, Elliot Lake at 22:00. (I left North Riders at 09:00, and covered 907kms)

Wow, what a sweet run this afternoon... Wawa to Chapleau to Elliot Lake via the white knuckle route. Isplat2 saved the best for last... A twisty chip sealed road with sand on the center line at dusk.... Slip sliding away.
  8. waterlilly

waterlilly No Agenda World Tour

Oddometer:
    Thanks for visiting us today, hopw your run Friday has some decent weather. enough with the rain!!!
    Cheers
    DSP cew
  9. inkdwheels

inkdwheels Negro Please.

Oddometer:
    So I'm moving to Winnipeg this weekend. I pick up the uhaul tomorrow and I'm going to take off on Saturday. I figure I'll show up Monday sometime. I'll be staying with friends until I get a place and I'll be starting work the week after. I'm looking forward to meeting some other riders out there. Keep an eye out for a yellow drz400sm with Georgia plates! First one to leave a note on my bike gets a free beer!:deal
  10. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Look forward to meeting you, hope your ride/drive is uneventful; but giving yourself two days to drive from Georgia may prove to be a bit tight. (Oh wait, does Iron-Butting in a U-haul count?) :rofl
    Cheers, Brian
  11. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Short hello from Alma Ontario, near Guelph, sorry no photos. The trip is going well. Isplat2 and I are staying with his nephew and niece on a beautiful acreage in rural southern Ont.
    Wednesday morning we left Eliot Lake and made our way to Manitoulin Island where we caught the ferry to Tobermory. That was a nice break from the 907 KMS the day before.
    Today we spent most of our time shopping.... toy stores, Dual Sport Plus, Action Sports and Royal Distributing.... $600.00 later and I have got to get out of here.
    Heading to the EAOR rally with Isplat2 and NOCHROME.
    (Hit some great weather, two hour down pours and single digit temps. another story for another day)
    Special Thanks to Les and Kathy at DSP.... new tire, toys and a good cup of coffee.
  12. Bruce126

Bruce126 justwannaride

Oddometer:
    Nice site you have here. Like to introduce myself, Bruce is the name. Just got myself a 08 Varadero. Not my first bike started off with a Honda 500 many years ago. Then a few years ago decided it was time to get back into it kids almost all grown up and all that. So bought my wife's uncle's 84 Goldwing Aspencade. Still have it but it's a work in progress. So here I am 08 Varadero and loving it. Came across this site and thought it would be a great idea to join to meet and draw on all the people's wealth of knowledge on adventure riding. Looking forward to corresponding with everyone thank you for taking the time to read this.
  13. Whoopdefraggindo

Whoopdefraggindo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool another DRZSM. If you ever head out my way (Brandon) let me know we can try to set up a ride.
  14. Eastbayview

Eastbayview Ride On

Oddometer:
    We went out to Lockport this evening. Beautiful evening for riding and took a few pics. We just got a T-Bags Pet carrier so we can take Theo along on the rides. So far he seems to be doing ok with the whole concept.
    Thought I'd through a few pics in here. No ride report that's for sure.:D

My KLR and Karen's Burgman.

[​IMG]

Here's Theo in his new travel carrier.

[​IMG]

Still lots of water going through the gates.

[​IMG]

There were alot of bikes out tonight. Great to see so much bike activity on the roads.

Thats it for now.
  15. silencejinn

silencejinn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome to Winnipeg, Hope we can get out for a ride sometime :clap
  16. garry_kramer

garry_kramer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How is the Trans-Canada going thru lower Manitoba (flooding of the Assiniboine River)? I was thinking of making a quick trip out to Edmonton from Toronto area. Is there a map link somewhere that shows the flood area?

Thanks
    Garry
  17. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    No worries, The flood is receding and the trans Canada has been open throughout. :clap
  18. bent forks

bent forks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Trans Canada is fine there were no closures or detours on it. Have a great trip.

Jack
  19. bent forks

bent forks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ya beat me Piffle
  20. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Perhaps,
    But I was wearing soft fluffy mittens. :rofl