The 2012 CRF250L thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by dfhmotor, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
    :rofl:lol3
  2. ColonelS

ColonelS Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. Llamaha

Llamaha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think this is more comparable to the XR250, not a CRF250R, I'm sure they sold more XR's than CRF's throughout the years right?

It seems a lot like the WR250R but able with a lower compression engine therefore able to run on any gas? Also it should be able to cruise at 100-110km/h no problems?

I love my WR250R but it's been discontinued here due to low sales from the high price, this will possibly be my next choice when my WR250R has too many k's on the clock.

Anyone who thinks that Honda wouldn't sell shitloads of these is just crazy, in most of the world the importance of having a reliable, fuel efficient bike that is cheap to buy and has cheap parts is far more sought after than an expensive highly strung wheelie machine that runs on 95 octane then needs its valves checked and oil changed every 1000km
  4. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
  5. GotMojo?

GotMojo? Long timer

Oddometer:

Is it me, or does the suspension travel and seat height look lower compared to a bike like the WR250R? The WRR has 10+ inches of travel and a 36" seat height. But this new Honda looks like it's shorter, by a couple inches.... maybe more like the current CRF230L ?
  6. xcflyn

xcflyn Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. Reconstructed

Reconstructed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I for one hope this bike makes it to the states. Looks like it would be lots of fun. I prefer reliability over horsepower, that means I have to be a better rider to keep pace with a faster bike.

This bike is not, and is not intended to be a race bike. I'm sure KTM's are awesome and lots of fun, but I for one can't stand to work on a bike for an hour or two before and after a good ride. Seemed like my nephews CRF450R was like that. Hellacious amounts of fun, but too maintenance intensive for my tastes. It was as much fun for me to try to keep up with him while I was on my little 230.

Getting back to this bike though. Any shortcomings this bike may have, well, that is what the aftermarket is for. Someone will get their hands on one, and build it until it will compete with a motoX bike. Pick any bike want, and someone has modded it for more performance. The same will apply here.

I hope again that honda does bring it to the states. If I don't get a new one, I'll get a used one.
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    any more news?
  9. Parigi

Parigi Hoinar

Oddometer:
    I picked up a Honda brochure at the Calgary Motorcycle show and they were saying that it would be available in Canada in the summer, as an early 2013.
  10. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    so 1.5 years from now?
  11. GotMojo?

GotMojo? Long timer

Oddometer:
    Probably summer of 2012 as a 2013 model?
  12. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Okay I read it wrong, that makes more sense thx
  13. dualsportride

dualsportride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had the 230L, and I know why they would show that bike on the track, because it was about an 80/20 bike 80 being street. It was nice it got about 95 mpg, but would get stuck in ruts off road due to the lower pegs. My guess is they are making it a 250 now because the 230 would top out at about 60 with stock gearing. The 250 will make a good Dual Sport bike after a few changes, and like it has been said you can go to the license branch, and get a plate for it.
  14. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    the 230 was a half-ass old tech attempt by honda.
    this new bike will use a very modern engine.
    i'm sure the wr250r was sorta of a walk up call and has proven as a seller.
  15. dualsportride

dualsportride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree with you I only owned it for 1 year, but it did what I wanted it to do which was be a scooter that could go on fire trails.
  16. scooterspirit

scooterspirit DaddyGeneralSir

Oddometer:
    first part of this shows the bike on trails/dirt, about what you would expect
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_sPI3hJvwYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  17. jon_l

jon_l Long timer

Oddometer:
    I spoke to a Honda Canada rep at the January show in Toronto about this bike, and he said he had never heard of it. The Jan. show isn't a manufacturer's show, and he was just standing around a retailer's booth. Maybe he wasn't a guy who would know anyway, but it wasn't encouraging.
  18. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    hardly the 1st time that a rep doesn't know about a bike coming down the pike.
  19. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    that blinged out one had dual pipes? :huh
  20. ADVwanaB

ADVwanaB BOLD NEW AVATAR

Oddometer:
    ID like to see the specs for this bike.
    What will it weigh?
    what is the travel ?
    Seat height?
    Why isn't it a 450????????