Fly-n-Ride

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by mpowers, Aug 2, 2010.

1. mpowers

mpowers Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    About month ago we saw an ad for a 05’ Tiger out of Atlanta. So after a few friends checked the bike out for me we made the purchase. Now to find a plane ticket from Williamsburg!
    [​IMG]
    I had the bike dropped off at a local dealer for some service work…..I was less than thrilled with the nearly 1K bill when they obviously rushed the job.
    I took the bike back to the dealer to fix the oil leak, but after getting the bike back I spent several hours just going over what I thought I paid for. Thankfully I was staying with a good friend with tools who made this process a bit easier!

[​IMG]

Not one to let others spoil our good fun off we went to enjoy the local forest roads. My first dual sport, either I had a sport, sport touring or pure dirt bike. I like it!
    Not doing too poorly keeping up with the KTM. We tooled around some great roads of the Toccoa Falls Ga, stopping a TWO in Suches and eventually having a great trout dinner at Toccoa Riverside restaurant.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before we called it a day we swung by Atlanta Motorsports Park, which is under construction. But I can say I was one of the first to drive it!
    [​IMG]
  2. mpowers

mpowers Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Time to move: Good Bye!
    [​IMG]

So today’s game plan was to take some back roads up the Asheville Nc to pick up the BRP. From there we followed the BRP to Grandfather Mountain area where we will meet up with some old racing friends.

Quickly we rise to the 5000+’ and into the clouds; it was to be a damp rainy day. Not to mention when driving in a cloud you can’t see shit!

This cloud was part of a larger storm system I was being chased by all morning, being in it and watching it roll across the road was pretty damn cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tonight we were going to head out in that beautiful FFR Cobra into the mountains, but alas the rain keeps us away. Probably a good idea knowing how we both are….the Tiger is in good company tonight!
    [​IMG]

Not all was a loss with such a great view from their deck to enjoy some beers with.

[​IMG]

Tomorrow’s game plane was originally to hit the BRP again to Roanoke and jump off and head the less than scenic route home to Williamsburg. But since the clouds and fog did not lift in the morning I decided it would be better to just take the fastest route home via major highways so no more pics.
    Thanks for riding along!
  3. XC Rider

XC Rider Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Sorry for your bad luck with the shop, but it's looking good so far and it can only get better, right!?

P.S. Not that I want to spread bad PR but as a warning to the rest of us who might some day pass thru Atlanta, might you pass along the name of the shop who did the "work" on the Tiger?
  4. mpowers

mpowers Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    XC, for the time being I'd like to keep the thread on the RR.
  5. dunesnstars

dunesnstars Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Who's the weird guy in the pics?? :rofl
  6. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    Nice looking bike. Hope to see you on a few rides!
  7. mpowers

mpowers Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, we should be! Just few more things to sort out and I'll be good to go for a while.