1933 Pine to Palm Tour

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Night Train, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Night Train

Night Train Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is a great story and collection of photos about two young men from Winnipeg and their journey from Canada to Los Angeles, CA. Leaving in December of 1933, they rode their motorcycles south to Texas and then west to California. The photos came from a scrapbook that they put together after the trip and has been passed down through their family until it was scanned and uploaded to Flickr. Special thanks to yourlonestar for letting me use these images.

[​IMG]

1933 Pine to Palm Tour
  2. usgser

usgser Long timer

Oddometer:
    Imagine that...Folks rode "non adventure/dual sport marketed", non mega liter, non mega OHC'd, non mega valved fuel injected computer controlled bikes on long trips. And here I thought the young'uns invented motorcycle transportation.
    Thank goodness for the internet. :) Great pics, thank you.
  3. groop

groop So much to ponder

Oddometer:
    Interesting show, made more interesting for me because it features a slide reportedly with my home town, Brea. It's a pretty hilly city, so I'm not 100% positive that photo was taken there, and my guess is that it was probably taken in Texas. Besides, Texaco hadn't yet moved into California until 1936 and Brea was a Union Oil town.
  4. Buck McCann

Buck McCann Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Much enjoyed that! Thanks for posting!!!
  5. mark1305

mark1305 Old Enough To Know Better Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great stuff! Thanks!