SENA BLUETOOTH - Inmate's Special GROUP BUY!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RocketMoto, Apr 25, 2010.

1. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Four headsets can be paired together and can talk 1-to-1, or you and two friends can be in a 3-way conference, so long as you are within range of your two friends. In a three-way you are the 'hub' and your two friends are the 'spokes'. OK, so far?

A four-way conference is a bit different. Let's say you are A, and your friends are B and C. A connects to B, B connects to C. For the 4th person 'D' to join in, they will connect to (and must be previously paired to) C. So, the signal is repeated from A to B to C to D.

Now, let's take rider 'E' for example. Rider E can be previously paired to C. If rider D goes out of range, and rider E comes within range of rider C, then rider E can join in the conference. But the 5th person is the odd man out.

The Scala Rider G9 can also do a 4 way conference, but can pair 9 total headsets for 1-to-1 communication, Sena can do 4 total for 1-to-1. The Interphone F5 can have a 6-way conference, in the A-B-C-D-E-F configuration, like the Sena's repeater-mode 4-way. We have the G9's and F5's as well as the Sena's.

For Sena SMH10, I look at it this way, two bikes, each with rider and passenger, this all works great. Otherwise it can be a bit confusing. The best way, IMO is to use the SR10 2-way radio hub along with the headset, and FRS/GMRS radios. This way you can have as many people was you want all on the same radio frequency, and everyone can be a part of the action. Plus, the SR10 works with non-Sena headsets, so that eliminates the issues of everyone having to have the same brand of headsets.

Now, the big question is **Am I making sense, here?** :huh
  2. pista

pista Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Adam, I don't need long range com as I usually travel solo. Would like BT connection to phone and GPS, and capability to listen to wired mp-3 player. Is the SMH5 a better choice for a cost conscious rider?
  3. jeffygs

jeffygs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    its gonna take me a while to read this
  4. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    Pista:
    I'm sure Adam will chime in, but here's one idiot's opinion in the mean time:

The battery may not last quite as long ... estimated at 10 vs. 12 hours, and it doesn't have the range of bracket/mounting options that the SMH10 has, but if the stock bracket works for you then ... my humble opinion would be YES ... go for the SMH5 as it is less expensive and connection of the device to the bracket is more robust.
    The SMH5 also has BT V3.0 which is probably not a big deal vs. the V2.1 of the SMH10
  5. Turkus

Turkus Motorcyclus Unemploy

Oddometer:
    Just want to say that Adam and RocketMoto are the epitome of Customer Service !!

After months of waffling about, I finally pulled the trigger on an SMH10 single headset in November.
    Thanks to the "right" questions being asked when I called to place the order, I got the correct set-up for my Schuberth C3.
    Got it in time to charge the battery and install it before going out to Vegas to see friends and participate in the Craig Vetter Fuel Economy Challenge.
    During that weekend one audio channel decided to quit.....bummer.
    I contacted RocketMoto for an RMA as instructed by the Sena website to process a warranty claim.
    Adam asked what the problem was, I described it, and (as I was leaving on a group ride within 10 days and the Christmas Holiday was rapidly approaching) Adam asked if I would like to send it to him for evaluation.
    I figured "why not ?" I have nothing to lose and it beats having my stuff sit in San Jose for 2 weeks while they are shut down for the holidays.
    I priority mailed it back to RM and the day after they get it I get an e-mail from Adam stating I have a defective module, he's swapping it out, and I will have it back in my hands in time for my group ride out to Palm Springs and Joshua Tree NP !!

I am just blown away by the level of service !! I am in the automotive repair business and I know what good customer service is.....RocketMoto is light years above that bar.

Thanks again Adam !!

(as soon as my friends and I get that intercom/conference thing down pat I'll be posting a product review on your website)
  6. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    ...and it took a while to write it, too. :deal
  7. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Hi Pista:

Jim's spot on here. The design of the SMH5's mounting is improved over the SMH10, IMO. The SMH10 uses spring loaded pins on the back of the BT module, that mate with printed circuit contacts in the clamp. I would say this is the #1 issue that we see with the SMH10. The SMH10 is not alone, here. The Garmin Zumo's use a similar design between the GPS and the mount, and it's a common problem area on the Zumo's.

The SMH5, OTOH, has a plug/socket arrangement for the speakers and mic to plug right into the BT module. The clamp is strictly a mounting bracket.

Given what you are looking to do, and if you're on a budget, the SMH5 is a great value. We have both the single and dual packs in stock, as well as the various accessories.

Please call or email us if we can help.
  8. pista

pista Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you JRW and Andy. Sounds like the SMH5 is all I really need. pm sent...
  9. JackpotDuc

JackpotDuc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Adam,
    Are you guys offering up any discount on the SM10?
    Please let me know.

Thanks
  10. chewnaut

chewnaut Rob

Oddometer:
    PM sent
  11. rc458

rc458 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am interested in the Group Buy on the SMH10. Would you please forward additional information. Thanks!
  12. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Yup. Check your PM...
  13. FireIdiot

FireIdiot Lost in translation

Oddometer:
    Any idea when the new Sena SMH10R will be released with ear buds?

Adam, have you gotten to compare the SMH10R with the SMH10

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  14. sierra_victor

sierra_victor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Adam, would be good to get your take on the new SMH10R. I have the old SMH10 dual and am in the process of updating to the USB SMH.

Brian..
  15. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Sena says first quarter of this year. But, we have yet to see a new product launch in the originally planned time frame, so I am reluctant to confirm a date. If I had to guess, based on past history, I'd say May or June.

If you are among the first out of the gate to get one, you should expect to have some teething issues with the hardware or software. It's just the nature of new stuff and life on the bleeding edge :deal .
  16. argentcorvid

argentcorvid Some Guy

Oddometer:
    got an email yesterday about a firmware update.

CHANGES =======
    - Multipoint
    - Multi-language voice prompts
    - Increased A2DP volume
    - Improved compatibility with Bluetooth onboard audio systems and GPS devices
    - Minor bug fixes in device interoperability, audio management and intercom
  17. Druzuki

Druzuki booB

Oddometer:
    Hi all,
    Can't find the original post to this recent group buy...is this still ongoing, or has the discount lapsed? Thx in advance!
  18. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    It's still on,
    PM RocketMoto ... they will help you out ...
    Adam is the head dude there, and should you need it, has the best customer service on the planet. :clap
  19. jeffygs

jeffygs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ive pmed adam a few times this week, have not heard back. I hope they survived the snow storm
  20. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmmmmm he may be in deep snow... :lol3

I've PM-ed you his e-mail address......