Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Today has turned into ass-on-fire Friday. No RTE for me. :bluduh

I might get over to the "training grounds" tomorrow though.
  2. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    in 75' when I was cutting my teeth on a yammy RT3 (DT-360), my pal picked up that Kaw 250 trials bike....(we both worked for dealerships)
    [​IMG] we did a whole lot of tight technical woods riding back then.... it was a nice bike, but still a bit heavy as a "trials bike"
    I bought a TY250 off a work friend and really had a blast on it...
    [​IMG]
    still, the Montessa's and Bultaco's and of course the Ossa's were all much lighter....but they all had "seats" and were road legal, which was important for getting to and from our little wood lots. Also keeping us from getting busted up near Redbridge / Westline / Kinzua area of Pa. in the Allegheny forest on the fire roads :rofl:rofl

http://classic-motorbikes.net/restorations/kawasaki-kt250/
  3. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    No RTE for me today either...it seems like everybody in Richmond decided to fall, fight, burn, puncture, cut or fracture something at work today! Must be the full moon!
    :bash :hack:uhoh:p3rry:fall

The weather for riding tomorow afternoon looks amazing! Sunny and 65 degrees!
  4. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Alamo was mighty good today...sorry to those who missed it...nice to meet btblueskies & Co....
    Here is what Todd is tossing around the training grounds right about now :lol3
    [​IMG]
    My combo platter...pork & brisket...
    [​IMG]
    Rick Kickin' it up a bit...
    [​IMG]
    Put that damn camera away will ya :rofl
    [​IMG]
    Had to take a little stroll after that load :D
    [​IMG]
    And cleaned up the little one for tomorrow....just to get it dirty again...
    [​IMG]
  5. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    No accidents in the pants at the training grounds...ran every where except the single track that got Eddy & Andy last weekend.

Did the hills to the platto & the donut(lingo I picked up from one of the locals just now) Did the single track back there and got hung up on a rock when I cut up a hill but spun over it...
    Other than that it was fine on the TKCs. I would not have made it up over that part with the Tourance on the rear.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Jimmy for taking me out here...good time...can't wait for tomorrow...
  6. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Will you be on the GS or 250 tomorrow?
  7. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    GS...Nicole is riding the 250...if I was gonna run hard out here it would be on my sons RMZ...the GS is fine at the speed I go. Slow and methodical... Fun stuff!!!
  8. btblueskies

btblueskies BTBlueSkies

Oddometer:
    Nice to meet you guys today... looking fwd to tomorrow. I'll have another friend with a GSA to join us.

meet at 1 behind martins?

karl
  9. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like ya'll had a pretty good turnout for the vittles. I decided to stay put and wrench on the several bikes I have in here right now. Besides, the way my teeth have been for the last couple of weeks or so, I'd have to settle for Pablum, mashed potatoes, soup, of some other mushy stuff I didn't have to chew. It sucks because I love to eat. Unfortunately, those kinds of meals are not in the cards right now.

I didn't win the Power Ball, so implants are out (sorry Todd), but just need to muster up the courage and gum (no pun intended) tion to get these remaining fookers ripped out and go the teeth-in-the-jar routine. Frustrating, and scares the beejesus out of me to go through the routine, but it's also as frustrating watching you FF chow down on those delicious vittles.

AAARGH!!

10. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    after sitting back and thinking about it...That whole area is to tight to really run any size bike hard. I know you could move faster thru the woods and some other places a little faster, but not out of Second gear or even wind it out in second. Except along the tracks or jumping the hills, which would be fun.

I would like to hear from Eddy and Andy about how different this is from the GS qualifying stuff they did. I mean tightness on the single track and the rutted hills at the platto and the donut. I would imagine the stuff at the GS would be much more difficult. This is pretty easy stuff, but good training.
  11. MotoMujer

MotoMujer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jeremy - forgot to tell you that the GPS is back in action. Plugged it into the computer, called Garmin, did a software update, and - voila - appears to be good as new! Thanks again for the problem-solving tip. :clap
  12. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ifin ya go to Dr Keeney (rides mc offroad/dirt) you will feel no pain , Guy. Even after he put in the implant no pain and no pain after the novacaine wore off. Saved the scrip for when I get bucked off the high side and 'fook' up my back/legs :evil:D
  13. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who has the best prices for Heidenau tires for the 12GS? Jersey Mark and I need to order a set.
    RevZilla and Bike Bandit are both around $320 a set, delivered.
  14. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    Street Rockets of Virginia...Matt Dobbs 804-796-6417...free shipping & they come to his place in Chester. Usually one day shipping some times two days but rearly...call him & get prices...I got my TKCs for $290 & change...he is worth a call...
  15. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm OUT for this afternoon....HQ denied my flight plan...maybe tomorrow or Tuesday looks free.
  16. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sic Semper Tyrannis Plays with Banjos, Boats and Bikes...

Oddometer:

Funny I just had "The conversation" as well....so Sunday looking better.

I'd meet you over there tomorrow.
  17. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    Catch you next time Mike
  18. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys...running late & won't make it to the training grounds...riding around Williamsburg & West Point.

Nicole had her first OH SHIT!!! Moment today.
    [​IMG]
    A little dirt in the gear...she pushed a little hard on this dirt road...
    [​IMG]
    Proud of her...she knew right away what she did & is hopping right back on after a 35 mph low side on this road.
  19. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Get that girl some decent boots for Xmas!!! :deal

[​IMG]

20. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
    She needs some serious motorcycle boots with real ankle protection. :gerg