changing stand

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Wistrick, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Wistrick

Wistrick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. ColemanCox

ColemanCox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have that same stand and haven't had any issues changing tubeless tires. Go back and forth between TKC80s and Anakee's.

Thanks,
    Coleman
  3. dirtybike

dirtybike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What wheels? I use a Mike's Racing Product stand, (similar idea, but higher off the floor), but I don't have the bead breaker. Do you use the bead breaker for tubeless tires on spoke rims? Like the OP mentioned, most of the advertising details are oriented toward dirt bike wheels.
    I'm considering adding a bead breaker to my stand to use on my R1150GS wheels.
  4. Wistrick

Oddometer:
    I was looking at the mikesracing one I am changing tires on a Kawi Versys and a MG Norge...I would love to buy mikes racing one if it will work..

Dan
  5. dirtybike

dirtybike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've used my MRP stand on my R1150GS spoke wheels, my R1100RS cast wheels, R90/6 spoke wheels, and my XR400. The stand just helps you keep the wheel in place - - instead of chasing it around the garage floor -- and protects the disk and sprocket from damage.
    I use a separate bead breaker, and tire irons to change the tires. Nice thing with the MRP stand is that you put your foot on one of the legs to keep it steady,and you can use your hip to push against the tire. Also saves your knees, as the tire is at hip level.
    When I saw the stand that you linked, I was wondering if the bead breaker was effective. MRP has an add on bead breaker that I have been considering.
    I also wonder if anyone uses a mounting bar like a MojoLever with these stands.
  6. ColemanCox

ColemanCox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Spoke wheels on my 1200GS Adv.... No issues breaking the bead on either of the tires.

Coleman
  7. Wistrick

Oddometer:
    Mike called me back quickly and says it will work just fine...so I ordered one...

Dan