Philippines Adventure Rides

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Wild_Man, Mar 28, 2008.

1. ootpik

ootpik Harley and Watsonian

Oddometer:
    Looks like you had a wonderful ride and time. Wish I had time for a trip this year. Doug and Jazzy
  2. Mountain Cruiser

Mountain Cruiser Banned

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Philippines. I like your taste in motorcycles. I ride a BMW F650GS Dakar here. It's a great bike for this area. I guess you will be looking for a bike. BMW, Ducati, KTM, Royal Enfield all have a presence here as well as other brands. Calookan Sales is a good source also. If you haven't checked already, second hand bikes can be found in the www.motorcyclephilippines.com classified section. You shouldn't have to much trouble finding people to ride with as there are many, many riding clubs here. I have seen women riders here, but I don't know any personally.

The Philippines is a great place to ride. The best riding, in my opinion, is out of the city in the rural provincial roads. The NLEX and SLEX expressways can get you quickly out of the city. They are linked by EDSA, a main throughfare through Manila. Watch out for the buses. They can be kind of dangerous in the way they drive. The Marcos Highway starting in Marikina is also a gateway to some good riding and popular with Manila riders especially on weekends.

Ride safe. Have fun.

Riceman
  3. vanveen

vanveen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

that is a beautiful picture, you can really see the devastation caused by the typhoon they had in 2007 I think, I went thru there just after it happened, nature's force is awesome, there were people camping in tents at the local schools where they had been evacucated
    [​IMG]
    this image couldn't have been far from where you were here

[​IMG]
    this is the other side of the Mayon Volcano
  4. Watercat

Watercat . . . gravity sucks

Oddometer:
    Thanks Carlos for the well done RR - Great pictures ! ! !

Looks like everyone had fun ! ! ! . . . . . . :freaky

Cheers.
  5. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

The kids here are special , so different to spoilt western kids .

[​IMG]

Coconuts being prepared in dryer or smoker ??

[​IMG]

Typical road here

[​IMG]

We had a quick stop on the way home to have a cold San Mig at Tickety Boo with Wild Billy

[​IMG]

We spent the evening at my office The Cou Cou Bar

[​IMG]

Elvie , Danni , and Mariel gave us great service
  6. SR1

SR1 We gotta get outta this place!

Oddometer:
    Gents,
    I may be down that way in a couple of weeks. Who should I talk to for bikes/tour guide (if necessary?) Location in Philippines is not so important as long as good bikes, trails, and fun are in abundance. Please PM me so I don't lose track of the thread. Thanks!
  7. Rackemcrackem

Rackemcrackem Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer:
    SR1,

There is a lot of great riding to be found on Luzon, with rental bikes available at Angeles City, less than 2 hours riding/driving distance north from Manila. If you go to page 65 of this thread, you will find more information about rentals and riding on Luzon.

There are a few other rental businesses that I know of on the islands of Negros, Cebu and Bohol...I'm not sure if all the businesses are currently operational or not. Nice-Bike in Angeles City has Honda Transalps, Dominators, and miscellaneous smaller bikes to rent, at least if you aren't a Filipino. :huh

If you are looking for a tour guide, try Craigslist...there are many female "tour guides" who advertise there! :lol3
  8. SR1

SR1 We gotta get outta this place!

Oddometer:
    Ha ha, as long as the tour guide can help me find some good trails, no problem! LMAO

Thanks for the advice!
  9. 98Virago

98Virago 98Virago

Oddometer:
    :clap

Just like to share our Philippines Ironman and US Ironbutt meet in Los Angeles California for a lunch ride (~800 miles or ~1,280 kms). Joey Almeda our four times champion of the BOSS Ironman Challenge meets US Ironbutt Rene Marquez, Chito Pastor, and me who guided them from San Diego California via San Felipe Mexico. It is my honor to give them a cross-country tour and it was a joyful ride together with Ironkings riders. Please enjoy our short video clip below...

[​IMG]

Video Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NbF8L2bIiQ&feature=youtu.be

Ride safe to all,
    Gery
  10. YnotJP?

YnotJP? Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the video, nice. Looks as if the three of you had a good ride, enjoyed yourselves, and lots of blue sky.

It should not be too long before the dry season starts here in Philippines.
  11. 98Virago

98Virago 98Virago

Oddometer:
    We're actually planning a 2 weeks tour early February 2013 to cover some Southern and Northern part of the Philippines. Hope some of our PI inmates can join us...

Gery
  12. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    If you head down Cebu for some riding MBs Garden Inn hire out bikes . They are on Mactan Island 15mins from airport . I also have friend who lives at Danao about 1hr north of Cebu City who has GPS mapped all the dirt roads on Cebu . U will c him in pics of my ride report of Bantayan Island . If you plan to go down that way msg me and I will send you more details . Cheers Toddy
  13. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    Im back in NZ trying to work out a good excuse to go back to Phills . Have u guys not been riding ??
  14. Hercules

Hercules "Proudly Philippine Made"

Oddometer:

Hey, I heard that!!!! Ok, I am up..... I am up and awake already. :rofl

Well been busy (too busy) at work and playing with my small and cute 125cc It's a Yamaha YBR 125G just like you posted.

About 2 - 3 weeks ago me and my usual suspects went on an exploration ride in Tagaytay to the town of Talisay and Laurel in Batangas using our small bikes:

Herc - YBR 125G
    Stampedeblue - XT225 Serrow
    Eric - KTM 250 EXC

This is the Yamaha YBR 125G. It was nice and very clean when I left the house that early morning.....

[​IMG]

A pix during the ride down to Talisay town Near Taal Volcano from Tagaytay....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice waterfalls

[​IMG]

That's Taal Lake... where the mouth of Taal Volcano is....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me test the the bike on a downhill off road slope....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I barely made it! Whew!!!

[​IMG]
  15. Ridesolo

Ridesolo cereal lurker

Oddometer:
    Took my bike for a test run after completing the front end conversion.

[​IMG]

Workers are taking the husk before drying the coco meat. They sort of smoked the coco meat/shell while is spread on the bamboo floor. Once the coconut meat is dry enough then they take it out of its shell. They make the coco shell into charcoal for cooking for extra money. The husk they use as firewood to dry the coconut meat..
    [​IMG]

Dumaguete City on my way to Bacolod city, waiting for my mate who also drive a AT.
    [​IMG]

Bayawan, Negros Occidental

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Basay, negros occidental.

[​IMG]

Sipalay City: Checking our bikes while waiting for lunch. Found out the left pannier rack have a crack, one of the weld on the right is completely broke off, missing a bolt on the led light(Fork bottomed out a few times on the rough road section under repair).

Found a spare bolt for the LED light. Decided to have the cracked and broke welds repaired.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. Ridesolo

Ridesolo cereal lurker

Oddometer:
    Kabangkalan, Negros Occidental: Stop for coffee :beer. This is the end of the run for my mate while I continue on t0oBacolod City
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

At my host house in Bacolod City. Thanks a lot Boyet for hosting me. My friend came to ride with me towards Don Salvador, he rides a XR4 supermoto. My host said that the yellow 4x4 only do 2km/liter :eek1
    [​IMG]

BAcolod City Hall.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Ridesolo

Ridesolo cereal lurker

Oddometer:
    We decided to stop and have a quick a look around at Mambukal spring resort.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don Salvador
    [​IMG]
  18. vanveen

vanveen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Herc, you losing weight or are you standing a few meters behind the YBR
  19. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    Those 2 bikes look really nice , they are getting very hard to find as most of the guys that have them are keeping them . Ride safe guys
  20. Ridesolo

Ridesolo cereal lurker

Oddometer:
    @hondav2, Yes it is hard to find one, most owners are keeping them( that includes me and my buddy). They do come up for sale sometimes.