Slap 2011

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by DrLewall, May 12, 2011.

1. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    Post your SLAP 2011 ride reports and pictures here...

[​IMG]
  2. lewismedlock

lewismedlock Follower

Oddometer:
    What kind of ride report is this. There are no pictures. :scratch
  3. 10Cup

10Cup Long timer

Oddometer:
    LOL...............Lame??

This is a thread started for a ride that happens 20th - 22nd. Stand by there will be plenty of carnage and photos :freaky
  4. lewismedlock

lewismedlock Follower

Oddometer:
    I know, I'm just diggin at Doc. I'll be there. I took this picture of the carnage last year.

[​IMG]
  5. RideDualSport.com

RideDualSport.com Zut alors!

Oddometer:
    Sweet! I can't wait to hear all about SLAP. The SLAP logo is really cool. A perfect blend of Banjo, Pig and Sprocket. In Texas it would be a Football, Pickup Truck and Beer. I understand there was some pretty good flooding pre-SLAP and figure there will be some good mud pics!
  6. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    Reminds me, I need to take a picture of my truck train before I leave.

I have run away from home for years without taking this much chite along..... :bluduh
  7. hrdrckclmr

hrdrckclmr this is gonna hurt

Oddometer:
    Hell Jay we had enough people to eat that DRZ!!! Damn that was fun ready to do it again see you soon :lol3 :freaky
  8. lewismedlock

lewismedlock Follower

Oddometer:
    Fred, I'm out for SLAP. I've got to stay home this weekend and do family stuff. Bad timing all the way around. Have fun. I'll see you at SLAP 2012, if not before.
  9. hrdrckclmr

hrdrckclmr this is gonna hurt

Oddometer:
    Jay sorry to hear that but I do understand. I've signed up on rideok and look at the up come stuff down there if you see anything come PM me on here and I'll run down and ride with yous guys. See you at slap 12 or sooner
    Fred
  10. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    the Ozark, Boston, Kiamichi and Ouachita Mnts
    Rumor is that SLAP is SLOP today. I hope the wind blows and the Sun shines enough to make for good riding.

I bet the beer is cold. :freaky
  11. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ozomatli neeed to write a song for SLAP: Slip, Slap, Slop
    Beat Doc W/a mop
    And xxxxxx to his goat
    Slip, Slap, Slop
    ETC, ETC

Using this music w/permission of course!!:http://youtu.be/J-A_1CnjwaI
  12. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:

Haha...Wayno that would be perfect music for SLAP. Add a few beers and get Tomski goin and it would be a riot.
  13. Elvis70

Elvis70 No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer:
    I road to SLAP this A.M. and got to the lodge a bit after 9. Last group (the Okies) were just about to leave. They headed off and I sat and visit with Doc and Gus and Magoo awhile.

Me and Magoo headed off to Oark by ourselves. Seen the Okies again at Oark after they just gassed up. They were headed to Catalpa.

Made it back to the lodge and visitited some more before heading home just in time for the down pour. Got to try out my $8 rain suit. Worked great except a bit of water got past the zipper on the jacket. Not much, just damp. Got home mostly dry including my socks. Not bad, but at 60 miles an hour large rain drops hitting your upper lip really, really hurt. Had to hold one hand over my face to ride fast on the slab.

A few shots from the ride today.

What do mean this road is closed Ranger? It seemed fine to me.

[​IMG]

Maybe it was a little washed out.
    [​IMG]

Little water trickle by 215.
    [​IMG]

Water fall behind Turner's Bend store.
    [​IMG]

Water fall on The Pig Trail South of Turner's Bend.
    [​IMG]

Shores Lake
    [​IMG]

Next to Mill Creek Rd. near Combs. Need a ramp for this one.
    [​IMG]
  14. OLEARY

OLEARY Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer:
    Good pics there Elvis. I'm glad you made it to SLAP, even tho it was just for the day, it was good to meet you. Good shot of the washed out road and I see why you didn't try to make that water crossing. :norton
  15. OLEARY

OLEARY Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer:
    I left the house for SLAP Thursday evening about 8:30pm with my bike in the back of the pickup. With the weather the way it was I thought it might be a wise move. I arrived at the lodge about 10:30pm after about an hour on NF-1007 coming into White Rock. That road is brutal in a pickup. Much better on a bike. Shot the bull with Doc, Gus, and Bill for a while and set up my tent about midnight and hit the hay. Friday started off like this. Skys were grey and we knew that it was a good chance of rain, we just didn;t realize how much. From a old boy at Natural Dam cafe that I talked to on Saturday about 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 inches fell across the area on Friday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These pics were taken off of the western lookout and along that rim. I had never been over on that side before. I hiked down aways and then heard thunder so I thought I had better get back. Took about 10 steps and was caught in the rain. These are some pictures along the western rim.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then back to the lodge a bit wet from the downpour. Back at the lodge with Doc, Bill, Moto1 and a fella from LR forgot his name. Moto1 lives at the south end of the Dragon in Tennessee. Was trailering his bike on his way to St. Louis I believe where he was going to drop his vehicle and trailer and ride I can't remember all where. Was good of him to stop. Needs to come back when he can ride a bit.

[​IMG]

Shot of the parking lot with some of the bikes. Several groups getting ready to head out. Like a dummy I stayed thinking it was going to clear up and that some people would be wanting to ride an afternoon ride. But it rained most all afternoon and there wasn't anyone there to ride that was not already riding so I didn't do much but sit around and BS pretty much all day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is R to L DRZaddict, Drunk Uncle and Andy that I rode with on Saturday. hrdrkclmbr was another in a previous photo. Good bunch of guys, plus some others that I did not get or cannot remember their names or handles.

[​IMG]

ZECatfish and his son made the scene. It was good to meet you Terry after reading all of your posts and all. You and your son did good. Craig, Travis, Tim, and Zach showed up later in the day as well.

[​IMG]

Everyone but me, Bill and Doc got back from riding with stories of creek crossings, and hail storms and getting wet, and having bike troubles and the like. Pretty much everyday dirt bike stuff. Was fun to hear and laugh and in some cases say Wheh! Glad I wasn't with them. Then Bill, Tim, Doc and Travis started cooking and I made it back just in time from my afternoon nap in my tent to get grub. Hamburgers were outstanding Guys! Onions were awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After much eating and story telling I head back to the tent for a long night of listening to the rain hit the top of my tent. I kept thinking, man I sure hope the rain quits early enough in the night so the roads are good tomorrow. Thats if for Day 1 for me. Stay tuned for Day 2. :norton
  16. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    Nice pictures Elvis, glad you got to make SLAP. My son graduated yesterday and we had a party here so I am just starting to get moving this morning. Ugh!
  17. scotty69

scotty69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did head down Saturday. I did make it almost to Pettigrew. By then my Shoulder was throbbing. From driving the Deuce.5. We come across washed out bridge and headed back. It was more work on the shoulder than I thought.

Attached Files:

18. scotty69

scotty69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is photo of bridge.

Attached Files:

19. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    Very cool Scotty! At least you tried.:clap
  20. simmons1

simmons1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry you guys had a such a wet weekend. I spent 6 days in NWA last week and the weather was perfect. We rode almost 900 miles. Loaded up and headed back to Fort Worth in the the truck on Friday morning. It rained hard all the way home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We bumped into these guys near Turner Bend last Sunday. When I told the the guy in the red kayak I was riding a WR250R said he knew 10Cup. Small world.

[​IMG]