Desert Ride from San Diego

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by steve_k, Apr 30, 2012.

1. steve_k

steve_k Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nothing too exciting here, but I was bored at work Friday afternoon and decided I needed to put some more miles on my new G650GS. So I figured I would head out to the Palm Springs area to visit my dad. Well, he was busy moving to a new place so I emailed one of my riding friends to meet up for breakfast. Also figured I might as well hit up the Salton Sea while I&#8217;m out there, and why not go to Borrego Springs on the way back? Sounds good to me!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    So I left Saturday morning a little after 7am. Stopped at the bank in my neighborhood for some cash and hit the road. Headed through Ramona, Santa Ysabel, Warner Springs, and in Anza met up with my friend Ken at the Paradise Café at the corner of the 371 & 74. From there we headed down in to Palm Desert for a nice breakfast and relaxed for a few. After breakfast we split up and I filled up my bike and took a spin around the area and then headed south on the 86 to Desert Shores. Took a couple photos in Desert Shores and continued south the Borrego Springs Seaway (S22) and headed west for a rest stop in Borrego Springs. Chilled in Borrego for about 20 minutes with an ice cold bottle of water before heading up Montezuma Road to burn down some of those chicken strips on my rear tire. Nothing too exciting after that, just went through Ranchita, Santa Ysabel, and Ramona before heading home. If you were one of the guys on the RT and GS in Ranchita, sorry for slowing you down while I was spaced out playing with the trip meter on my bike!!!!<o:p></o:p>

HTML:

View Larger Map

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Love this area! I've been ridin' these roads for alot of years. I was just at Paradise Cafe a few weeks ago(only using their parking lot for a water break). I was still feeling out my klx on 74, and it was a blast. Eventually I ended up in Anza and went north on the dirt up the hill and ended up at Lake Hemet.

Had my RT on 22 thru Borrego in Feb.. Gotta love Montezuma Grade in the winter time, great riding temps and wonderful views.

Thanks for posting! On weekdays, it really is a terrific riding area.