Need help with my Wee

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by SteelHorse, May 6, 2007.

1. SteelHorse

SteelHorse Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have recently picked up a DL650. Red of course. :clap Problem is #1 the seat SUCKS. Problem #2 is fatigue in the throttle arm. Problem #3 is the slight forward pitch ? bothers my back. :ddog I know I can get an aftermarket seat. What about the bars? Anyone else change those and/or the risers?
    Not able to take this bike for an afternoon much less a weekend. My goal is more touring. Prefer the Wee to my cruiser. It is like driving a Mini
    Cooper instead of a Greyhound bus:evil. Need help or one of you can buy this bike soon. No budget for 2 bikes. Thanks.
  2. Trail Boss

Trail Boss World's fastest slowrider

Oddometer:
    I solved problem 1 & 3 by putting an Airhawk cushion on the Wee. I've been using an Airhawk for almost 2 years and it works great for me. It made the Wee see comfortable for multi-day trips and levels the seat for me.

For problem #2 the fatigue, for me, came from grips that were too small in diameter. I installed aftermarket, off-road grips that are larger than the stock grips and put on a wide cramp buster (Cramp Buster).

Best of luck to you in getting your problems solved.
  3. FyreFlye

FyreFlye Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :thumb +1 on the cramp buster or throttle rocker. I have one (cramp buster) installed on my Wee and highly recommend.
  4. Kimchirider

Kimchirider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There's tons of bar and riser info at www.stromtrooper.com. How tall are you? Many big guys add risers and thicker grips. Strom owners are lucky since there are so many bar choices out there, and swapping is economical compared to clip-ons. The seat is more costly to fix. I wear bicycle shorts under my gear and that adds a couple hours. It'll never be a Gold Wing, but you should be able to make it as comfortable as any other standard bike without spending too much.
  5. Kawidad

Kawidad Long timer

Oddometer:
    The problem with the bars for me was the funny bend. I have severe carpal tunnel and the bar ends bend at a weird angle, forcing my wrists to bend in an unnatural direction.

I would suggest a straighter angled bar with a riser. You'll be slightly forward, but with a straighter arm angle it might relieve some of your discomfort.

:devildog