1. Pete156

Pete156 I love to eat!

Oddometer:
    We got it out, thanks to some strong young guys.
  2. mrazekan

mrazekan Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's it? End of story?

:popcorn
  3. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Near perfect conditions and a great race. It was great to meet many of you and thanks to the guys that helped me load my beast after the race..Good times!
  4. Helmet_Hair

Helmet_Hair Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll see if I can get a pic posted up here, only one really came out.:lol3 This wasn't much of a picture taking event, too much riding to do!

Too bad I missed out on the great single-track and MX track at the end of the dual-sport. Still think the KTM 300 had a carb full of junk and not a fouled plug...and, I think you rigged the "who's-gotta-sleep-with-Andy" game.:rofl
  5. hayshaker

hayshaker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To start with a huge thanks go to the Stumpjumpers for putting this event on. The amount of planning and control of this weekend is unbelievable and it went really well in my opinion. This was the 4th year I have had a small role as a sweep rider for both days.

It is always fun to meet new people and see old friends. I met WETSIDERIDER for the second time. According to him we had met a few years ago but I don't remember him. This has to be one of the best parts of the Dez-100, making new friends. Besides all the riding, pushing bikes and dealing with a few injuries, vendors row cost me a bunch. My 990 has been needing space to carry stuff so I made a great deal for a Great Basin Giant Loop bag. Meeting Dave Wachs in person and talking about a few things was fantastic. The vendor selling off-road necklaces and bracelets is a personal friend so had to buy my wife something to lessen the "hey honey I bought some more stuff for the bike" tension.

A few pictures from my perspective:

[​IMG]

Mud...

[​IMG]

more mud..

[​IMG]

mud ruts..

[​IMG]

EMS Crew on standby..

[​IMG]

This little hill was giving lots of people a struggle. If I don't push another bike up a hill for the rest of the year I will be happy!

[​IMG]

Myself going out Sunday morning to ride sweep. The role of a sweep rider is a tough job. It is two long days on the bike dealing with all sorts of problems. My primary role is emergency medical provider. I am one of several EMT's that ride the event along with the ambulance crews. We have several briefings before and after each day to discuss things and make improvements when needed. A good sweep rider should be a bit of a mechanic and motivator at times.

Hope you all had fun and those that didn't should attend the event! :clap

TONY
  6. kwisn

kwisn One Happy Dog Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone for the pics and reports! :clap

Hi Tony! I'm surprised you wouldn't remember Dan. :lol3
  7. hayshaker

Oddometer:
    He remembers me so what does that tell ya? :evil

TONY
  8. what broke now

what broke now Petroleum Brother Supporter

Oddometer:
    "This little hill was giving lots of people a struggle."

I spent some time in those rocks to the left in that picture. I kept whispering to myself "pull your socks up, you've only come 1/2 mile from camp"
  9. WetSideRider

WetSideRider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tony gets a pass, since this is the first time we met. Kelvey said to look for him and it turned out he was camped next to Mike Pellitteri, who graciously let us trade lies in his motorhome at the end of the day.

Now I will have no excuse for not knowing Tony, except the typical senior moment stuff, that is.
  10. awshouse

awshouse Downwardly mobile

Oddometer:
    Tony, you probably remember not-remembering me! I was with Dan and Mike and the other Knuckleheads next to you and your father. Last spring you led a fantastic exploration of the green dots last year which Mike P, Paul Schmidt and I both participated in. And I've been asking you various navigation of green dots questions since via email... whatever.

Dan, you have limited excuses for memory lapse, as you should be well rested after Ron won the privilege of bunking with yours truly. :lol3 Memory aside I didn't mind the extra 10 miles of freezing my nards off. It barely put a dent in the immense joy of the overall event. Ron, sorry about your mechanical.

Kudos to the SJMC for a fantastic event. This was my first but not last. In fact next year I'll see about taking a few days off so it's not so rushed. I feel like a slacker as I didn't have time to even approximate my beer quota.

Great, great fun. Excellent course for the circuit and the dual sport single track sections were even better after bone jarring lap of the course.
  11. oldskooolridz

oldskooolridz n00b

Oddometer:

I was the crazy bastard on the 1978 trail 90 i made it 1 very painfull lap on that. this was my first big ride at all and a kind of spur of the moment decision on saturday. i can't wait to do it again next year!
  12. wachs

wachs just passin' through

Oddometer:
    Thank you Stump Jumpers MC ! ! ! Well done :freaky

We went as vendors but also to see our good friends from Washington. Cool to see Masterchief, to meet Hayshaker and also Master Marine - thanks for stopping by fellows! :clap
    [​IMG]

The weather was pretty chilly for just hangin' around but turned out to be perfect for riding and racing.

[​IMG]

Took out the 950 for the dual sport loop on saturday. The bike has been under the knife for a while and finally got it all sorted - it's never run as good as it does now :freakyMe & N2moto got separated from our buddy John and ended up roosting the crap out of that route.

(not very good photos unfortunately)

[​IMG]

This pampas-type grass was super fun.

[​IMG]

The last piece of the route we had time to ride was this guy's private GP course - I would drive all the way up there just to ride this!

[​IMG]

Pat and I had to get back to 'work' - had a little snack and headed back to the event.

[​IMG]

Good family fun back at the pits.

[​IMG]

Race day started out with a real soaker - pouring down rain at 6 am. I could hear guys talking about not riding and saw lots of rigs pulling out but then it stopped and the weather turned perfect. Cool vintage machines waiting for the starting line procession.

[​IMG]

I got to go out on the course with a buddy from Tasky's and JR the Sargent at Arms.

Here's what it looked like at the 1st bridge.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

Should've entered . . . next year! :freaky
  13. 88NX250

88NX250 Team USA

Oddometer:
  14. hayshaker

Oddometer:
    To know me is to ride with me! :D

I wish there would have been more time to visit but was busy guys. Nothing makes me happier than sitting around a campfire (or Mike's RV) telling stories. Now that I have that Giant Loop bag for the 990 there is a good chance you'll see me wandering a little further from home this summer. whoo hoo..

TONY
  15. hayshaker

Oddometer:
    Will begin another thread but making plans for one sometime this month.

TONY
  16. yondering

yondering Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did any of you guys get hurt? I'm typing this from a wheelchair, something wrong with my right hip, some torn muscles or something I think.

I went down about halfway into the start; bounced over a rock and then tagged a guy crossing in front of me right as I landed. My right butt cheek met a pretty good rock. I picked the bike up and kept going for about 20 minutes, but when I dropped it again and couldn't stand up or get on my bike again, I knew I was done. One of the sweep riders helped me back on the bike and I limped back towards the road and camp. Thanks to Tim Todd #39 and family for the hospitality while I waited for a buddy to pick me up!
  17. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  18. Ironwood

Ironwood Friday Harbor, WA

Oddometer:
    I passed you on Saturday. I am impressed you got that girl around. Which course did you ride? Joe
  19. oldskooolridz

oldskooolridz n00b

Oddometer:
    I did the 100, well fifty of it, i really didn't know what i was getting into but man was that fun. next year i'm ridding something with suspension on it though, oh and thanks for not running me over
  20. oregoncoast

oregoncoast Smells like Bacon

Oddometer:
    Nicely done. :D