Sena SMH10 conversation broken when I touch my Zumo 660

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by 1200gsceej, Sep 20, 2012.

1. 1200gsceej

1200gsceej wanabee overachiever

Oddometer:
    I have a Sena SMH10 which is paired with my buddy's similar unit.
    It is also connected to my Zumo 660.
    I believe that I understand the Bluetooth connection hierarchy - GPS, connection to buddy, music.
    (I do not have a phone connection; I'm not sure where it would fit).
    Anyway ....
    If my buddy and I are talking and the GPS needs to give me directions, it "breaks in" and my buddy and I cannot hear each other. I clearly understand that.
    However, the same thing happens if I just touch my 660 (e.g. I want to zoom in/out on the map, or want to see if there is food or gas nearby). Our conversation connection goes dead.
    So, is there anything that can be done about that? I'd like to be able to keep talking while I am looking at (making selections on) the GPS.
    Or is that just the way it is? (and if so, could someone explain why and what is going on?)
    thanks,
    -cj
  2. bighopper

bighopper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't know if you have read the owners manual, but that will give you the info you are looking for http://www.senabluetooth.com/products/smh10.php?tab_menu=downloads

As a note the Function priority is : Mobile Phone
    Intercom
    Stereo Music by cable connection
    Bluetooth Stereo Music

You don't say if when you are using the 660 if it is playing music via Bluetooth connection, or is the 660 in Navigation mode (giving directions) this maybe what is causing the intercom connection to be dropped, till you stop playing on the 660.
    Bluetooth is only capable of 1 connection at a time, so what ever you are doing is causing the connection to change.

Hope this helps.
  3. millsan1

millsan1 IBA #49986

Oddometer:
    This is caused by the "beep" from pressing a control on the 660. It is interrupting your convo to transmit the beep. There is a way to mute the beep on the 660. Do that and the interruption will go away.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  4. 1200gsceej

1200gsceej wanabee overachiever

Oddometer:
    From my post on Zumoforums about this topic:

From the "Where To?" and "View Map" screen I have Volume and Tools.
    I find nothing under Tools/Settings - not System or Navigation - that would seem to help.
    If I click Volume I see a Mute option and a Mixer button.
    Under Mixer I see Master, Navigation, and Media buttons with a % for each.
    Clicking each allows me to select a percentage.
    For Master and Navigation there is also a Mute checkbox.
    Muting Navigation leaves the 'beeps' when I touch the screen, but I get no directions (e.g. Please drive to highlighted route.)
    Muting Master appears to kill all sound, certainly the 'beeps' go away, but I don't seem to get any navigation either.
    Maybe tomorrow I can check to see whether Master Mute actually stops the Sena partner communication from cutting out. And maybe confirm a total blackout of noise