Washington Triumph Dealer Recomendations.

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by ridenrain, May 2, 2007.

1. ridenrain

ridenrain Look out, there are llama

Oddometer:
    No idea if this is the right place because search shows up a vomit of alternatives that wander about like the Mississippi herself.

I've got a sprint that I can't figure out and need to take it to a dealer before I commit it's body to the deep. Can someone please tell me that there is a dealership that they like in the whole state?
  2. Nessman

Nessman Ебать Путина

Oddometer:
  3. robdogg

robdogg turnip truck driver

Oddometer:
    have you tried I-90 Motosports in Issaquah? I bought a Tiger from them.. only had it in once.. for initial service.. but had no issues.. seemed decent enough folk
  4. ridenrain

Oddometer:
    My 02 Sprint picked up a cold over christmas and I just can't make it better. My local dealer has already charged me $300 and the bike is exactly the same as when I got it. Instead of replacing things untill I find the right one, I'm resigned to bringing it to another dealer just to see if it's something I missed.
    Thanks,
  5. Air_Bob

Air_Bob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What are the symptoms of this cold your Sprint is suffering from? Where are you located?

Condottas in Wenatche is also a Triumph dealer.
  6. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    Ya, describe the symptoms. I've owned 2 Sprints.
  7. HalfFastMoto

HalfFastMoto bRad

Oddometer:
    Try the Cycle-Barn in Lynnwood - can't attest to their product knowledge on Triumphs but I've been very happy with their Parts and Apparel Departments / Staff

-brad
  8. ridenrain

Oddometer:
    It will not start.
    Bike ran fine for almost 3 years and almost 90,000k of every day riding.
    Started to pick up a weak battery problem so I replaced the alternator coils, then the regulator, then the battery. I’m still undecided if that’s fixed because this problem has shown up and if it won’t run, charging isn’t doing much good.
    This problem happened first at work. Rode out to work, then it wouldn’t start.
    It turns over but does not fire. Occasionally, it will fire on one and that’s it. If I feather the throttle, I can coax it to run for a ½ second or so but it won’t take any throttle and dies shortly.
    I took it to one dealer and left it with them, and I kick myself for not watching because I’m sure it wasn’t as easy to fix as they said. They said they swapped out the crank position sensor and the spark plugs and charged me for more than 2 hours. It did start and ran fine, all the way home but the problem returned as soon as I tried to restart it. This is why I’d rather not take it to them anymore because I simply have lost faith in them.

Thinking it’s electrical, I used by car battery and it made little difference. I know my battery is going but I want to resolve this before I replace it. Swapped all my relays around. Checked all my fuses and grounds. Side stand switch is well potted and I by-passed it with no change, same with the clutch switch. All coils read the same resistance, as do the fuel injectors. It's no real test but all 3 sparkplugs fire when grounded to the head.
    Air by-pass thingy (Canadian bike so no California carbon canister) moves and shuttles about so I guess it’s working.
    Fuel pressure looked pretty good and I get a healthy spray when I disconnect the tank. Just in case, I by-passed the fuel filter and even tested the pressure and it looks good. I didn’t check pump volume, but that wouldn’t really matter for starting. I pulled all injectors, checked the bar and it’s all clear of water and resdue. With the injectors in the bar and the bar resting into the intakes, I cranked over the engine and it does shoot fuel all over. Not as much as I thought but it’s hard to judge how much is the right amount.
    Replaced crank position sensor with new, old, adjusted gap tighter, etc, with no change. Even checked continuity of many of the sensor wires with no faults.
    No datatool alarm but I checked the plug anyways.
    Compression feels the same but I didn’t check it with a gauge. Pulled the valve cover off and checked to see if the cams might have slipped a tooth on the chain but everything lined up.
    I’m going to check the throttle position sensor next but even that should work sufficient to get it to fire up.
    Pulled off the O2 and the air temp sensor and that made no difference. I was hoping that there would be a sensor fault and a limp home mode but that made no difference.
    The bike is stock and ran perfectly up untill this problem. I'm guessing that Triumph has a "best before" switch in the computer :-)
    That’s where I am with it.
  9. Stinky

Stinky Team Hematoma

Oddometer:
    +1 for Howard at Champion Cycle in Bellingham. All he sells is Triumph, and he knows the product. Give him a call.
  10. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm.....My 02 RS was just broken in and we did a trip to Sonoma for the AMA Superbike races a couple of years ago. It rained most of the way there and some on the way back. Got home and I didn't ride the bike for almost 2 weeks, went to start it and it cranked fine but wouldn not fire. As it was under warranty I loaded it up and took it down to Western Yamaha/Triumph. They had to "re-boot" the computer and then it started. The service manager was working on the bike and couldn't tell me why the computer screwed up. My guess is water.