Dakar 2013 - Official Event Coverage - thank you ALL TeamF5, lurkers and posters!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doyle, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 Misca!!!!
  2. Jim Rowley

Jim Rowley Rise above

Oddometer:
    +2
  3. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking at the stage tomorrow, it will be a first where most of the stage is above 3,500m

Thats also why it is short I think. It does not look very technical at all, just lots of rough two track, maybe a bit of off piste at the beginning.

Anyway I wanted to say if this stage is a success, Bolivia will be in the menu for next year.

Its very VERY high for helicopters to fly, theyre close to if not at their ceiling altitudes. Those guys doing the flying tomorrow will need brass balls, big time.
  4. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    The thing is you have to pull the 1:h 20m to create a comparable scratch result for all the field (as on the nutralisation if you arrive and pass the end control zone you are penalized early... but if you arrive late, you are on your own time). It looks "wierd" on the spreadsheet, but it's accurate as far as determining the rankings.
  5. ric678

ric678 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok, I made it back to the bivvy...my brother decided to call and I couldn't ditch him, even after boring him with tales of fesh fesh and broken wheels....don't think he understood I was missing important stuff!!!
  6. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    RallyRAIDio GIF of the day: Lyndon Poskitt, who else?!

[​IMG]
  7. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    And we love you for it, Mischa. :bow :beer
  8. Tesla314

Tesla314 >_<

Oddometer:
    I'm curious, why don't the big bike teams enter cars or trucks into the racing classes (ie #3xx, #4xx, #5xx vehicles) to lend support for mechanicals?

Am I wrong in remembering that this was the original purpose of the cars/trucks classes?

Is it only because of the start time gap between the front bikes and the following cars, that is, that by the time the cars reached them they'd be out of contention? Seems like you could do a chain: team "captain" squares a wheel, swaps rims with water carrier, water carrier waits for fresh wheel off the back of the car. That way the captain doesn't lose all the time to wait for the car, and the water carrier doesn't lose as much time as they would trying to ride in on a squared wheel.

And for that matter, same question for the cars teams, why don't e.g. Robby or Nasser have "garbage trucks" puppydogging them across SA?
  9. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. misery goat

misery goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    So when I record in VLC it creates a .ts file on my hard drive. This file appears to be the storage for the playlist that is created from my recording. Anyone know how to get this file into a .mpeg, .mov, etc file??

I don't see an export function in the menu. iMovie doesn't like the .ts file. I clearly don't understand this thing. :lol3 :bluduh
  11. PackMule

Oddometer:
    VLC player pause is awsome!!

Hit pause on my way out to work, and a couple hours later, resume no problem! Hate to think what it's doing to my system memory, but who cares! :loaded
  12. misc

misc Dakar Tracker

Oddometer:
    Ok well on monitor.trackingdakar.nl it looks a bit weird. You see someone arrive with 1h20 to much. As soon as he appears on live timing the 1h20 is gone again. That's why I first thought I made some mistake, but I guess I'm just going to ignore it ;-)
  13. XSpearsX

XSpearsX Proud Dakar Wife

Oddometer:
    :wave
  14. PackMule

Oddometer:
    Can VLC play it?
  15. Flanny

Flanny Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer:
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, the World, the Universe
    :clap:clap:clap

Thanks Flood!

16. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

You have to install an app to convert it to mp4..or watch in vlc player
  17. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    I just converted a .ts file to .avi using handbrake.
  18. ric678

ric678 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just finally got done watching the video compilation for the day...gut wrenching to watch those guys have to have there bikes hauled away...and the guy who finally got his going!! good for him...hope he made it in today
  19. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    @ misca and others

I tried to give in these number
    <TABLE style="WIDTH: 189pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=252><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 189pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 9216" width=252><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 189pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" height=20 width=252>48,67,69,85,93,98,105,107,122,127,132,143,147,175</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Code:

http://www.trackingdakar.com/index.php?track=48,67,69,85,93,98,105,107,122,127,132,143,147,175

hoping all these riders are orange, and i can see all of them if they the are not withdrawn.

So that i can save the link and use it the next time.
    Last year i did it to and worked well

This year i can not get it done.
    And then i changed from stage pos to stage hours the rderslist is gone and i have suddenly a country list of riders.
    i did ctrl f5, to delete memory,

tried t find out who the malle moto guys are and riding
  20. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:

Nice!!