Elefant Sightings?

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by erappaport, May 24, 2006.

1. s10rat

s10rat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good for Ya...:clap
    350s or 650s?
  2. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    650's Iam now doing the great white hunt for parts. I run a motorcyle shop up here in Alaska and so far my parts supplyer's are thin on cagiva parts.
  3. robsmoto

robsmoto Motorcycleton

Oddometer:
    A lot of the engine stuff is standard Ducati. My rear brake pedal caused the oil level sight glass to crack on my E650. I could find no one in the USA that had that part. Fortunately these guys did have it (best to buy an extra if you're ordering from Oz) -
    http://www.roadandrace.com.au/

When I was cleaning and lubing the swingarm and rear suspension linkage I discovered (from my local bearing supply house) that some of the bearings appear to be custom manufactured for Cagiva. I cleaned the needles which had fallen from the bearing, applied grease, new seals (which are more readily available), and re-assembled. This worked ok. The rear suspension and overall handling was much improved.

At least you've got two bikes, so you should always have one good one! :lol3
  4. friar mike

Oddometer:
    well so far 1 will be very nice with a little parts swaping and the other one may still be runable but both have leaking rear shocks thay are Ohline's so will have to send it in for rebuild. carbs need a going thought. the voltage reg went off its nut and blew out the lights( that happened before I got them so pulled one off the other but it would be nice to get another one. the chain is rusty but sprokets are good and so far vary hard to fine so will put a new chain on:huh yea I know:deal but it will have to do for now. and some other small things not too bad.
  5. Fubars

Fubars What would Scoobydo?

Oddometer:
  6. Donkey Hotey

Donkey Hotey De Jo Momma

Oddometer:
    :rofl I like the guy's spelling but uhhh...I've already got one just like it...in the kitchen.

Go get it. It's got a Corbin seat and it's still $500 less than I paid for mine. That's a screaming deal.
  7. Adventure Kitty

Adventure Kitty Tuna Gatita Blanca

Oddometer:
    I love my baby heffalumps. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bet I can make room for another heffalump or two.
    [​IMG]
  8. GoSpeed

GoSpeed 'getting there

Oddometer:
    I bought this E900 last fall. It didn't run very good. After improving the electrics, re-building and synching the carbs, and adjusting the valves, it now runs like a top. I finally got to take it for a long ride this month. Here are some pictures. These were taken on La Gloria Rd, south of Hollister, California, off of Hwy 25.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm signing up for the Sheet Iron dusl sport ride in May. Anyone going?
    - John
  9. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi John,
    What's that tire you have on the rear ? A gripster ?If yes, what's the size ?

10. friar mike

Oddometer:
    well by robbing Peter to pay Paul I got one of the 87's running ( it hasn't ran for 3 years) and most of it working now I need to fine 2 rubber air intake boots that go between the frame and the carbs thay are way rotton and a turn signal relay and the rear shock is way dead needs a rebuild but for the most part its working.:clap any idea's on where I mite fine the parts of which I seek?
    [​IMG]
  11. «dmx_must_fly»

«dmx_must_fly» Elefant Rider

Oddometer:
    unfortunately the the air intake boots are long out of stock
    some people overhauled the rubber with some sort of stuff just search the thread and you will find it
    i think that all the relays can be swapped for regular automotive ones
    and the shock needs to be send to ohlins for a rebuild
  12. azcagiva

azcagiva new orange flavor

Oddometer:
    I would change the cam belts before I ran it much longer.

-John
  13. friar mike

Oddometer:
    Yep it is on the list along with all fuids tires tubes chain (its all rusty) the sprokets are in great shape but news one maybe hard to find. it has alot of Alaska to go over this summer I have a friend coming from New Zealand to ride it I was over there wareing out his tires on one of his bikes and he rides duc's so this should be right down his alley.
  14. s10rat

s10rat Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...aren't you the guy with a shed full of international scout parts?
    :norton
  15. friar mike

Oddometer:
    :D thats me and that shed needs tobe cleaned out soon. I was just thinking about that yesterday.
  16. robsmoto

robsmoto Motorcycleton

Oddometer:
    Why don't you send an e-mail to Road and Race in Oz and ask them?
    roadrace@cci.net.au
    http://www.roadandrace.com.au/index.html

These dudes advertise rebuilding Ohlins shocks, but I've no personal knowledge of their work.
    http://performanceshock.com/

Ted Porter's BMW Shop sells Ohlins shocks and does work on BMWs. He's been a helpful guy on the BMW AirList. If he doesn't repair Ohlins shocks, perhaps he can make a suggestion of a reliable repair shop.
    http://www.beemershop.com/catalog/
  17. Chadleys1

Chadleys1 working on it

Oddometer:
  18. GoSpeed

GoSpeed 'getting there

Oddometer:
    Yes. Good eyes. Avon Gripster size 130/80-17. Seems to work OK, but, I'm curious to try pros and cons of different meat.

- John
  19. friar mike

Oddometer:
    well I took the fant out today not bad from sitting for years. 3 days of work and it purrrrr's like a kitten still needs work but rideable.:clap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. Lamin Sambou

Lamin Sambou Lamin

Oddometer:
    hi john,

looks like you've got your bike nicely sorted, I see you have a 21" front, could you tell me what rim width? and is that the standard 17" rim on the back? I'm looking to make up an 18" for the rear, what rim width would you go for?

cheers
    AndyP