Not dead yet - The video Series

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Oisin, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pudge Factor

Pudge Factor One Swell Guy

Oddometer:
    Many thanks for taking me/us along w/you on your journey, enjoyed every minute. Thanks again
    PF
  2. Beelzabob

Beelzabob Ah man, I think the clock is slow.

Oddometer:
    Thank you Oisin,

You have truly enriched all of our lives with your stories, passion and soul. :clap

Good on you mate!
    B
  3. E-Bum

E-Bum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really brilliant stuff and I really thank you for the effort you've put into making this. What a monumental accomplishment.

If you're back working at the Hillsboro Intel, as I think I heard you were, I may run into you some day. I spent 6 months last year, though now working in Chile for a while (rode to Ushuaia from Santiago before I got the job, then back up to Antofagasta). Eventually I'll have to get a job again, so I may be back at Intel at some point. I'll keep an eye out for the huge bearded Irish guy.

Thanks again Oisin, was great to watch.
  4. Dracula

Dracula Fat Griso & The Ape Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Oisin,

As everyone said, your efforts to share the trips have more than accomplished glorious results.
    I am curious the mileage on the GS 1200 when clutch and FD started acting up. Know I love mine but it's getting long in the tooth at 85k miles, still she is running great but if anything can be compared (and I know that's difficult) I'd like to know what and when to expect it.

Thank you so much for sharing your adventures, I still have to finish reading second book of yours and would buy another if you writing it.

Cheers,
    Vic
  5. ullukk

ullukk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much Oisin. Superb!!
  6. grahamspc

grahamspc Smitty

Oddometer:
    Thanks for everything...episodes/philosophy/perspective...brought back memories of my trip in 1971 from Toronto to England where I bought a BSA Gold Star and travelled around Europe for 3 or 4 months...no videos but some pictures and lots of memories remain..still catch myself thinking " did I really do that??"..40 or so years later...thanks again.
    Sorry about your Mum.
  7. grahamspc

grahamspc Smitty

Oddometer:
    Hi Potski
    Photos are interesting..should figure out how to scan and post..to Oisin's point...agreed- keep the bikes..wish I still had my old BSA sitting in my garage to sit on etc 40 years after the event.
  8. hanksmybuddy

hanksmybuddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thoroughly enjoyed the whole series. :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

In short........Thanks.
  9. Bull

Bull Bull

Oddometer:
    hey oisin,just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. i'm 3/4 thru "not dead yet" since that was the 1st book to arrive,Amazon botched up my order on "that i may die roaming" so i had to order it from books a million website it should be here by tomorrow. with the video series and the books you have set the bar pretty damn high :clap

thanks again

Bull
  10. bama jama

bama jama Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks very much Oisin.:clap:clap:clap:clap
  11. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oisin, I recently found and watched all of your videos on You Tube and bought your books. I can't start to tell you how inspired I am with your travels and the way you put together the videos and your style of narration. I am a 60 year old guy who rides a GS who lives vicariously though yours and others travels around the world. I will never be able to do the trips you do but I must say that watching your videos makes me feel as if I am along for the ride. Thank you and I look forward to your next adventure.
  12. young1

young1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where have your videos gone?

Can no longer find them on YT?
  13. Witold

Witold Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oisin, anyone who has tried video knows and appreciates your efforts on this. You not only did it, from start to finish, but you did it well. The end product is great. A lot of the commentary resonated with me. I only wish there was more.

You should do a thread/howto on your workflow process and how you prepared, what your production looked like during the ride, and what your editing process looked like afterwards. Very few people manage to make a video this good and it definitely reveals both your talent and work ethic. :clap

Someone mentioned the 300psi pump that I'm curious about because I had the same sort of issues with the tire bead breaking... so there is no puncture and the tire just sits lose on the rim and compressor air just goes out the side, not inflating the tire at all. Is a 300psi pump like the above the solution to this issue? Or will this sort of pump still not be enough to seal the bead? Anyone know?

The easiest bike to fix is one that is used locally. This is why I liked my $1500 Indian bike. Sure, it broke, but everyone could fix it. They had spare parts easily available and they were dirt cheap. Random mechanics with nothing but a hammer and screwdriver replaced the clutch plates - twice - with no other tools whatsoever. We're talking about ~$20 for new clutch plates, including labor.

And ultimately it's $1500. If the bike falls off some cliff, it's not the end of the world. You can just buy another one very easily. And because of the road conditions, you can't really take advantage of better road or dual spot bikes we have... A cheap bike is one less item to worry about. That's my experience anyway...
  14. Prettyboy

Prettyboy I drink and I know things

Oddometer:

Just came to the end of this thread to try and find answers to the same question. I was in the middle of Mongolia and poof, videos are private. You can't leave me hanging like this!
  15. ang

ang Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Videos are private! What's going on.
  16. MichaelWater

MichaelWater Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What happened to the videos? Yesterday they worked, today they don't. Not here, not on Youtube. Please explain.
  17. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    ++++++ ^^^
    I am a junky that savors every drop.tonight was the time to watch my next segment. :ear:ear:ear:ear=:cry
  18. amaefm

amaefm n00b

Oddometer:
    Well this is quite sad, I was on episode 15 and things were getting truly fantastic. Oisin, if you do get a chance to read this I'm sure I and many others would be grateful to you for putting the videos back up. If it is a sales issue I'm sure that people would still want to pay for a download version, I know I would. I just really want to finish your story!
  19. LivnLif2TheFulst

LivnLif2TheFulst An Adventurous Soul

Oddometer:
    Hey Oisin... Hope All Is Well Mate :thumb
  20. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was one of the many lucky ones who got to see them unfold....I feel for you noobs to this thread, but, he needs to sell this video sellection for sure! It is as good as if not better than the full on prodution film Long Way Round and the others...he should be selling them. I would buy them just to have them at my hands at any time to watch again.
    He did a fantastic job with every inch of filming etc.

I do feel for you who haven't seen them all yet....but hopefully he is doing just this and offering them up as a DVD or something for us to purchase.
    I'm already standing in line to buy!:deal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.