Harley Riders Sign In With Pic

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by sfarson, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Arm Chair ADV Tourer

Arm Chair ADV Tourer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    going off road on a harley is the same as going into the bush in an 1970's era VW westfelia versus a lift kit 4x4 ... you will get there it will just take you longer...

[​IMG]
  2. LarryGee

LarryGee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ground up restoration. 52' Pan. Coffin on wheels. Notice, no front brake and a rear drum. I loved it.

[​IMG]
  3. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
  4. Arm Chair ADV Tourer

Arm Chair ADV Tourer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Loved your posts .... I am now addicted to ADV Rider!:D
  5. 0ldhippie

0ldhippie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's what I'm talking about! Real deal motorcycle!
  6. aviaator

aviaator Slab bitch

Oddometer:
    My '11 RGU w/ the Mrs.

[​IMG]
  7. hhkiwi

hhkiwi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Still getting used to my new chair...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. regal403

regal403 vanilla_g0rilla

Oddometer:
    What seat is that? I like it.
  9. hhkiwi

hhkiwi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. vicster

vicster Long timer

Oddometer:
    You, sir, are a lucky man.

I do wish you guys would stop with the RG pictures though. I'm tryin' to resist the black 2012 RG Ultra.
  11. Tip Over

Tip Over Whoopsie!

Oddometer:
    After more then three months of looking, I picked up my first new bike, which is also a Harley.

It's a 2011 Wide Glide. I changed a few things before taking delivery (I made the deal last saturday).

[​IMG]

I also have the super sport windshield, though I wanted to try it without for a while.

It's wildly different from my last bike. Lot less lean angle. I've already scraped up the muffler a bit, by taking an on ramp's last second turn too fast, right side making scary noises as I went across three lanes to keep from crashing. Lesson learned.
    I love the forward controls. My knees didn't bother me, even after 140 miles straight.

I looked at the 72 (no way in hell was that working), RK police, road glide, and a few non HD models too before scoring a great deal on it.

EDIT- One of the things I got on it was the LED headlight, it's blinding to look at, but only inside the focus area, so you can see real far without searing oncoming traffic's eyes.
  12. Roger95

Roger95 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just bought yesterday. Better pics next weekend when I pick it up.

[​IMG]
  13. Tom Herold

Tom Herold Ugh...

Oddometer:
    Very Nice! I love the Street Glide, its a easily converted bike; take it out Friday night and cruise, slap on a touring seat an tour pak and take a trip on Saturday. It's a total hotrod of a bike, the 103 is matched really well to the improvements Harley made to the frame and suspension - my problem with the bike? It makes me smile too much! :D
  14. PMC

PMC riding rider

Oddometer:
    Here is a shot of my 11 Limited on the way home from Colorado in June. Great bike that makes long days a lot of fun.
    [​IMG]

We spent 4 days riding the rockies and while I could have done it faster on something else I don't think I could have had more fun.

This was taken up on Pikes Peak 2 days before they closed everything down due to the fires that swept through Colorado Springs. I didn't notice the no parking until were getting ready to leave :D

[​IMG]

One last shot taken at the overlook above Ouray CO at the start of the million dollar highway

[​IMG]
  15. Roger95

Roger95 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cool. I thought something was wrong with me. I can't stop smiling. Soooo excited. My last Harley was a 81 flh w/a shovel head. Huge upgrade here. Thanks.
  16. Daniii

Daniii geezer

Oddometer:
    Have you found that the 103 runs hot in traffic?
  17. PMC

PMC riding rider

Oddometer:
    Until I ditched the stock exhaust header it ran hot and the rear cylinder cutout would kick in if you were stuck in stop and go traffic. No issues at all now with a Fuel Moto header, pipes and a good tune on it but I don't spend a lot of time in city traffic. I also run full synth Amsoil.
  18. Daniii

Daniii geezer

Oddometer:

Yup. That seems to be what works. I wouldn't want to have to pass a tailpipe emissions test with that, however. :evil
  19. Tom Herold

Tom Herold Ugh...

Oddometer:
    I still have the stock headers on but added a parade fan for the slow, baking on the slab traffic duties - it helps out a lot and rarely do I have the rear cylinder cut out anymore. I switched over to full syn as soon as the break in period was over, I wanted to give the bike as much help as possible in this horrific Texas heat!
  20. Daniii

Daniii geezer

Oddometer:
    The V-Rod becomes quite warm when the radiator fans kick on. :evil North Dallas traffic isn't as insufferable as Austin's, I have found. I try to stay off the freeways. I have been running HD Syn for the past 83,000 miles.