Relocating to BC, ideas on moving the bikes in December

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Brian06, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

You realize i think that you are moving to an area that's considered the best street and dirt riding area in Canada,,,,,,,seems like a very good move job wise, and most importantly life qualirty wise.
  2. bungie4

bungie4 Frostback

Oddometer:
    Much thanks Dave! I'll check into that right now. I had a great line on a job in Cambridge (not BC, but closer to family and 300 miles south). Did an interview with the placement agency and was told I was by far the most qualified. They were only submitting 3 applicants to the company. That was 2.5 weeks ago. Still haven't heard anything yet. Got my fingers crossed.

I just want the hell outta this place before the snow flies in Dec.
  3. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

Sudbury,,,,,,,,yup, I feel your pain buddy.
  4. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    U-haul is a pretty good plan. Enclosed ones have tie down points but they are not very secure and I think there is only four. U Haul guy was telling me stories of guys having their heavy cruiser break free and get damaged. Also the roof line is pretty low. I used the open utility trailer with no dramas but ended up buying an enclosed 5x8 which fits either bike easily but not both. A 6x10 might but when I asked for the collective wisdom on hauling two bike everyone said 6x12 is the best bet to give you room. My situation allowed me to make a couple of trips so I went with smaller as it will haul 2x dirt bikes. Spray a little WD on the spoke nips and lube the chains, toss on a blanket and wrap them up on the open trailer and you should be good to go.
  5. Brian06

Brian06 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I definitely realize that :) when my wife and I decided to pick up and move we chose the Okanagan as I feel for our hobbies it best suits us.
  6. sherpaguy

sherpaguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out Alaska Deel on youtube -it might give you some radical ideas
  7. optionseeker

optionseeker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A few years ago, I moved from SW Ontario to Victoria. I bought a brand new enclosed trailer in Ontario and sold it out here for more than I paid, including tax. Check out craigslist, etc to get an idea of trailer values and compare.

J
  8. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm planning to park my bikes in the back of the U-Haul moving truck and just get rid of any furniture that doesn't fit.

It's all about priorities.

:deal
  9. bungie4

bungie4 Frostback

Oddometer:
    Damn straight!
  10. 568V8

568V8 Ontario Vstrommer

Oddometer:
    It would be cheaper to store for a few months and then go get them in the spring.
  11. Brian06

Brian06 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ended up storing the bikes with my parents and we'll do a fly and ride in spring.