(NorCal) Doc Wong Basic Suspension Workshop-Part 2, Aug 7 Th night!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by DocWong, Jul 22, 2014.

1. DocWong

DocWong Long timer

Oddometer:
    Doc Wong Basic Suspension Workshop-Part 2, Aug 7 Th night!

[​IMG]

Topic:*Basic Suspension Workshop -* Part 2

Place: Full Motion Chiropractic*http://tinyurl.com/6vp36k3
    Carlmont Shopping Center (Next to Baskin Robbins Ice Cream)
    1021 Alameda De Las Pulgas
    Belmont, CA 94002

Time: Thursday night, August 7, 2014 from 6:30 PM-8:30 PM

Cost: the cost has doubled* ;-)** ( $0 * 2 = $0 )

How to sign up:* e-mail me at:**docwong@aol.com

Hi,

You're invited to the next:* Basic Suspension Workshop - Part 2

Here's the only catch:* It's limited to 35 riders because we will be taking apart and examining the internals of a set of forks.* Yes, you'll see the innards of the thing and see how it works to gain a deeper understanding of how suspension works.* Those who attended the last Basic Suspension Workshop (Level 1) will get first priority.**

One month there was even a guy that flew from Colorado to attend the workshop and flew back the next morning!

The Suspension Seminar Part 2, should be extraordinarily interesting tonight, I will go through the normal presentation portion of the program and will vary from the previous format by adding a lab where I'll be setting up a folding card table to perform a complete "piece by piece" dissection process on a full front fork assembly, and a rear shock assembly, while the students observe.* We'll be identifying the function of each individual item, as it's removed.* Should be a very educational experience, and rare opportunity for the riders in attendance.* I'm excited about implementing this new "twist" on the suspension training program!

I'm very pleased with the materials that I've put together so far, as I believe they will be quite effective at directly addressing the questions and issues that most motorcyclists have regarding the 'black magic' of setting up their compression and rebound adjustments, as well as other related aspects of suspension tuning.

Having attended Suspension Seminar Part 1 is not a prerequisite for coming to Part 2.

You'll also get a working knowledge of how compression and rebound works on a bike by actually adjusting the suspension.

"The format for The "PART 2" seminar looks like this:
    1. Spring "Preload": "Setting proper "SAG", a quick review"
    2. Compression & Rebound : "Solving the mystery"
    3. Dissembling a set of forks and examining it's internals
    4. Advanced suspension tuning: "Going beyond the factory":*Wheelbase,*Fork tube height.*Fork oil level/viscosity
    5. Troubleshooting common bike handling complaints (student contribution)
    6. Cartridge fork dissembly
    7. Final Question & Answer session**

Also, at the end of the talk I'll be asking you to*complete a short back pain survey,*but you are not obliged to complete it.

===============================================================
    Ride street, ride track, ride dirt, trials.....ride.....well!

Doc Wong
    Full Motion Chiropractic
    Carlmont Shopping Center
    1021 Alameda De Las Pulgas
    Belmont, CA 94002*
    650-365-7775
    www.docwong.com