Warkshop/Velorex/Subframes

Discussion in 'Hack Vendors' started by warkshop, Nov 22, 2013.

1. warkshop

warkshop uncbob Supporter

Oddometer:
    :ear I offer kits. Some with subframes, some without for mounting Velorex sidecars. Not for 'El Grande' bikes like Wings, Electraglides and 1700 Metrics and such. I do have kits for all years of Harley Sportsters (including the newer 'rubber mount' engine), many Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki cruisers and the new Hinkley Triumph Bonneville both 'standard' and cruiser type.

Many people bad mouth Velorex but i have sold them for many years and what makes for success is matching them with the right bike and proper rigging. Cobbled home rigging by folks who aren't as mechanical as they think they are or mounting to too large a bikes are frequent causes of failure. Not the sidecars fault.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. warkshop

Oddometer:
    Wow! The silence is deafening and i thought this was a friendly bunch. Should have mentioned Urals i guess.
  3. DirtyDR

DirtyDR Dana Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you are feeling unloved I will say :wave but the hugs are out.

On topic I have seen several Velorex rigs that are very nice.
  4. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
    Be careful what you wish for.... You might attract the attention of some of the more opinionated members around here!!:deal :lol3:lol3:lol3
    Its nothing personal that you aren't getting much conversation, your Velorex rigs are simply a somewhat smaller subset of the rest of us.

And no, we don't need any more Uralista posts either, they've got their own Soviet Steeds Forum.:D
  5. warkshop

Oddometer:
    :rayofThanks for the post! I understand lurking, I do my share!

Re: Velorex, thanks for that comment. I've been putting them on a variety of bikes for many years with success. For the right bike they are hard to beat bang for the buck. I much prefer Texas for bigger bikes.
    largemouthbass likes this.
  6. Strong Bad

Oddometer:
    Also remember that this is an Adventure Rider site, so many of us members trend towards those style rigs, rather than road bike based rigs as just about all of the Velorex seem to be (at least to me). That being said, most of us will lurk and looky lu at just about any sidecar rig, even Urals!:lol3
  7. warkshop

Oddometer:
    Strong Bond, thank you for you post. Your points are taken, I too enjoy the build threads especially those folk from 'down under'. Some great builds here in North America also.

I do have comment though. Folks have 'adventure touring' on what you might consider lesser bikes and sidecar outfits forever. I know a lurker on this site who took an old BMW R90, added a Velorex and a big gas tank and rode over 100,000 miles all over North America. Including lots of dirt and gravel. No fancy farkles, a term I've come to loath.

My point is I'd say it is better to go do the riding with whatever you can put together than sit home because your denali/trans Africa,round the world pannier /luggage rack kit hasn't arrived in the mail. Folks have been doing this stuff forever on the cheap and the lowly Velo sidecar can do the job,,,,,,not as exciting,,,,but adequate.
    Webman and brstar like this.
  8. Strong Bad

Oddometer:
    Indeed, reading Theresa Wallach's account of her travels through Africa in 1935 with her Watsonian mounted to a 600cc Pride & Clark "Red Panther", more than sets the bar for all "Adventure" riders.
  9. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    But Bob ! However will we show off our lifestyles :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3 ? The adv hacks forum is like the Platte river a mile wide but only 1/2" deep.We never criticize junk when we see it and we are always in awe of others spending habits !
    Your a refreshingl addition to this nonsense !
    rg sw wa., m143 and brstar like this.
  10. MaineScoot

MaineScoot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wish some of these pictures showed the subframes. I'm going to Bob's website now to have a closer looksee.
  11. RockyMtnRoadRash

RockyMtnRoadRash Useful and decorative

Oddometer:
    Been bashing my knuckles and hands against a Bandit rig with bits purchased from Bob. He is good people and quick with good ideas or suggestions when your bike turns out to be a bit more "Customized" than you expected. :D
    FR700 likes this.
  12. princess jamaica

princess jamaica OLD DOG-NEW TRICKS

Oddometer:
    Just spoke with Bob about my "new to me" Velorex rig.Great and helpful information,no hard sell.If I ever do need anything,I'll definitely go to him first.Thanks Bob.
    Bobmws likes this.
  13. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    Offer him an all expenses paid trip to Baja in March and he will be your friend for life!
  14. princess jamaica

princess jamaica OLD DOG-NEW TRICKS

Oddometer:
    Great time to see the whales.Come on down.
    JustKip likes this.
  15. TripleDaddy

TripleDaddy Hoping my skills exceed my horsepower

Oddometer:
    Do you have more photos of Velorex sidecars mounted on Triumph motorcycles that you can post?