Vespa GTS 300 Any Male Owners?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Jul 19, 2011.

1. techguy

techguy Scooter Trash

Oddometer:
    Ride it like you stole it. Riding a scooter is never going to increase your macho quotient... gay or not.

If you need to impress non-riders, you are going to need something else. What style/make?... I am not sure, every bike has a stigma/prejudice.
  2. TINGLER

TINGLER Swamp lips

Oddometer:
    I ride a Zuma 50cc.
    I wish I were man enough to ride a big Vespa 300GTS! :lol3
  3. nuke

nuke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've ridden the 300gts. Didn't feel at all "unmanly".

But I greatly prefer riding my Burgman 650. The Vespa had sufficient power, but lacked any semblance of braking power and it didn't handle anywhere near as well and lacked the humongous storage in the Burgmans.
  4. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't know about San Antonio but I can tell you in Houston the ratio of male to femal is considerably higher on the male side on all Vespas. In vintage its probaly 20 to 1, non-vintage at least 7 to 1 male to female.
  5. TX Spike

TX Spike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's a little too hot to ride it much now, but in the winter it is a blast. Wife rides on back, plenty of power, handles good. Going to take it to the Hill Country this fall. Had it up to 70 a couple of times, a little scary at that speed. A windscreen helps the ride. Little tall for my 5'2 wife to ride
  6. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm a 42 yr old male railway worker and i miss my GTS 300 terribly. Might look at getting a used one next year.
  7. hacksaw55

hacksaw55 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Life is to short if you find things that make you happy do them.If you find people that make you happy spend time with them.
    Try to remove that part of you that cares what other people think at least as far as your happiness is concerned.Some just don't want you to enjoy life because they're not,some comment out of envy. You should know who cares and supports you at this point.But in the end if your not enjoying yourself no one else will either.:feelgood
  8. emmettken

emmettken Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have never tried that with my Burgman.
  9. njd

njd Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't own one but wish I could afford to. I think 90% of scooter riders I see are males, including Vespas.
  10. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    I would ride one in a second. Very cool ride!!!
  11. retroone

retroone Long timer

Oddometer:
    If a woman asked the same kind of question you would say "Unless you're sterring with your tits what difference does it make?" :huh
  12. Oldebonz

Oldebonz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 2008 GTS Red Vespa,KTM 990 Adventure,KTM 640 LC4,Buell Thunderbolt,Bultaco Metralla,Ducati 250 Mach 1,Vintage race a 175 IT Yamaha and road race Honda CB350 vintage.All for their various uses. Guess which one makes me smile most?? The Vespa! Maybe because I'm old and it's easy.I love to do a Forrest Gump wave(when he crashed his shrimp boat waving to Lt. Dan) at the Harley riders!Some do the Harley wave back ,most don't care to,they have an image to uphold.What do I care?LOL!Riding is for fun and entertainment!Who cares what it is!
  13. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    I had opportunity to buy one a few years ago but did not as I was unsure of how it would fit in my stable. I decided to try a scooter the next year and picked up my Big Ruckus. If I had known how much fun the scoot would be I would have purchased the Vespa. Another inmate here got the deal. Every time I see him on it I think of the missed opportunity. It was one of my biggest non purchase regrets.
    If you have male/ female machine identity issues perhaps a scoot is not your gig but if you buy one and can't handle the self confidence issues you can always sell it again.
  14. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    FWIW, the 300 does not have a highrt top end than the 250. What it does have is more torque though I have heard the 2015 GTS 300 is smoother with better handling.
  15. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Only if you're queer.
  16. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Live To Ride

Oddometer:
    This is a three-year-old thread. Our buddy Gore-TX... oops, OOG, has proven his masculinity time and time again... by riding his wife's scoot.. :lol3

And as a proud heterosexual man, I support him, even when he's posting photos of a yellow Vespa.

He's about ready to dump his BMW for another scoot... yeah, I'd say he's secure.

Plus, he has a cute wife. :evil

Jim

As a side bar, I once said something about all the Vespa advertising with pretty women, and unintentionally riled some guys.
  17. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Why resurrect an old thread?

Some of you guys have way too much time on your hands.
  18. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Still Da Pinche...
  19. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Jim, you crack me up!
  20. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Live To Ride

Oddometer:
    One must understand their lot in life. In our house, there is a queen and a princess... I am the court jester. :lol3