2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by goodcat8, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Ozi

Ozi live in the moment, life is short

Oddometer:
    Anybody got the KTM 1190 R user manual in a .pdf file ? - or a link to it please - want to put it into my dropbox so I can read it on my iPhone and iPads.
  2. umitc

umitc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can find it in KTM website; I have already downloaded.
  3. umitc

umitc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    But mine is regular 1190; there should be R too
  4. Tancakar

Tancakar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh yes I saw that as well and what about the " Quick Shift" option is the bike already fitted with quick shifter?
  5. Ozi

Ozi live in the moment, life is short

Oddometer:
  6. Tancakar

Oddometer:
    Is anyone find very odd to fill the petrol tank. It is very difficult to put petrol in the tank as it has got a weird aluminium bend just inside the tank where you fill it. It takes bloody ages to fill it . The petrol pump doesn't like it keep cancelling the filling very annoying .:huh
  7. mcmann

mcmann Kid at Heart Supporter

Oddometer:
  8. umitc

umitc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes,. :-)))) it looks like the same system as 990, but this time with only one cap. We carry the petrol on both sides as it was on the 990.
  9. mousitsas

mousitsas Long timer

Oddometer:
    Progress. Also, the benefits of having a detuned engine in respect to its original application.
  10. Katoom72

Katoom72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^ This

Most modern machines have wider service intervals
  11. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:

The main reason for longer service intervals is not the detuning of machines. It is the result of better materials. They speak of "diamond-like" coating on the finger followers.

Now, what the detuning does is better rideability and better fuel consumption.
  12. mousitsas

mousitsas Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm sure you have a point, but then again, If I ride an engine at 80% of its power wouldn't that mean that valve adjustments would be less frequent than if I ride it at 90% ?
  13. Tancakar

Oddometer:
    not only the valve clearence majority of the bike needs less servicing in whole year. this is due to better engineering and parts. used to have Ducati Diavel Carbon and only service every 7500miles which is sort of once a year for me. i am sure in the future the bikes will be even go further about servicing they might even reach to 10000 miles or 12000 miles services
  14. paturoa

paturoa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. The Rizz

The Rizz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why you look so sad? You're on a new KTM!!
  16. Tancakar

Oddometer:
    No no I wasn't sad:) not good with photos sometimes . It's a fantastic bike so far only done 170 miles.

:rofl
  17. nikoktm

nikoktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stuck far, far away, who knows for how long.
    [​IMG]

Soon another KTM rider! :D
  18. Tancakar

Oddometer:
    nice photo ! :D
  19. igorpetrovich

igorpetrovich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    what are the tires you have on?
  20. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    I tested the 1190R yesterday, just a short spin in the city and being veeeery careful since it was a 11km old bike, with no insurance, and it belongs to my mechanic. You don't want to break the bike of the man who takes care of yours, right?

BTW, I have a 07 990, I do lots of off road but usually they are easy trails and I guess you can rate me as an average pilot. I try to go fast thought...

I agree with all that have been said about the 1190: lots of torque, a lovely and smooth gearbox which makes look mine as ... agricultural, and very smooth power delivery. To me the fueling is just perfect. Period. My 990 behaves as a 2 stroke in comparison and I can definitely say that this 1190R is easier to ride than mine.

But it's not perfect...specially if you come from a 990 and you love the 9X0 seating position: in the 1190 you are seated back, more over the rear wheel and you don't put your weight over the front wheel as the 990 forces you to do.
    While I don't know if this is a bad thing, I felt the 990 was more confidence inspiring (but of course I'm use to its position) and I have my doubts about how they compare off road, when sometimes you want to be able of loading the front. Being able of putting my weight over the front wheel is absolutely necessary to me if I want to (or try to) ride fast off road.
    So this new bike left me with a kind of "I don't know" feeling. Sure, it's a great bike but I would need more test time to be sure it worth the money: I could sell my 990 for half the price of a new 1190, is the 1190 twice better? at this moment I'm not that sure