Archive thread for Rumbux Protection Bars for Super Tenere

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Dirty bike, May 3, 2012.

1. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    I don't, but can likely add another skid plate to the order being built now. I'm gone playing for the weekend but give me a call on Monday after 3pm and I'll take your CC info and add a skid plate to the order in build.
  2. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    any word on which other upper bars work with the lowers?
  3. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    sure looks like those lower unit forward mount tabs might also used for some hiway pegs or lights if left on.
  4. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    what was decided on the mounting tabs was to leave them in place and plug them, so owners could use them for farkles, or update to the full set at a later date. I suspect that the forward tabs are too far forward for footpeg use.

The Rumbux lower bars/skid plate unit should work with most any upper bars. They will come with spacers too and can be used alone if desired.

It still remains to be seen what, if any mods, if any will be needed with a mixed set of Rumbux & other upper bars. I'm excited to see how that combination works/fits.
  5. CANNONMAN

CANNONMAN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Need your number and I will call Monday. Thanks

6. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    435-817-0809 I should be home by 3-4pm on Monday.

Also in the first post.
  7. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Update - I picked up the current order from Las Vegas today. They will get shipped out to customers tomorrow.

Bonus news, the next order has gone to the shipper and was scheduled to fly out of SA late tonight, heading for London. Hopefully it won't be delayed this time!

At this point, I'm taking orders for the next batch.

Tomorrow I will hopefully also be getting some brake line kits made up for the two line, no cross over kits.

Thanks for your patience everyone!
  8. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    At this point all of the bars from the last order have been shipped out to their waiting buyers. Thanks very much for your orders and please post up pics. The prior order individuals should be receiving their bars, save the one AK order that I screwed up and shipped via the wrong method. That's been sorted too.

I now have three orders for the next batch. One more and I can initiate the build and get things rolling. A couple of points here. I was really hoping this would smooth out to a 3 week process, but that's not been the real world experience. Just too many variables in play that I can't control. Rumbux is awesome about jumping in and building bars when they receive my order, frankly before they even get the funds, which I did not expect. But everything from the wire transfers to customs in England can delay the process. Customs in Las Vegas is closed on Thursdays, for example! And last week they moved on Monday to a new building and didn't have phones until Wed. You can't make this shit up!

Anyway, a more realistic time frame is 4-6 weeks from when the order is placed. No one is happy about that, but I want to be up front with everyone about this.

The second topic is price. Shipping is sucking me dry. I'm learning and changing things as I can to reduce that, but I have to raise the prices on the Lower only and oem Upper bars by $25 to make it worth while. The full sets will remain the same. It's the smaller boxes that have proven to be more expensive to ship than I realized.

So, pricing as follows:

Full set of three pieces, lower bash frame w/skid plate and upper frame - $750 with free shipping (no change)

Lower only crash bars w/skid pate - $450 with free shipping

OEM add on bars that replace the upper hoop and add side protection - $325

Light brackets - $45 if ordered alone, $40 if ordered with bars.

Thanks and please ask any questions you may have.

Eric
  9. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    I still need one more order to initiate the next build out from Rumbux. C'mon, you know you want them. :D

FYI- For all the Rumbux guys, Sallydog on the Super Tenere forum, (here too?), did a bulk order on some heavy duty clip nuts for the skid plate. If you would prefer to just use one wrench to remove the bolts to do oil changes, etc. this is a nice way to go. These are not your average clip nuts, much beefier. No affiliation with his deal, just passing the info on to the inmates here. Do a search on 'Rumbux' or posts by 'Sallydog' and you will find it on the Super Tenere forum, or possibly here on ADV as well.
  10. Cykel

Cykel I'm Adventurer?

Oddometer:
    I've got a green light to fill out your order!

PMing ya.
  11. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did this latest order ship then? I'm looking for the whole $750 shebang, and may be ready to go within the next week.
  12. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    The order has been placed and is being built. You're looking at the next order, which could kick off with you and generate enough interest that it doesn't take long to get the required number of people in.
  13. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Isn't looking too promising about the next order :dog.

Are things happening behind the scenes? Any anticipation of the next shipment yet?
  14. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    I am out of town on personal business at the moment, but will be assessing the situation to determine if I will continue to import the Rumbux bars, and if the pricing will change.

Likely it will be a week.
  15. snakebitten

snakebitten Small Town Hick

Oddometer:
    I'm ready for lowers. Sorry for waiting so long. Wanted verification they worked with Givi crash bars. Seems they do!

Can order the moment you need me to Eric. And I will not bail even if it takes a while to get enough to go in.

And if the price increases to make it worth it for your efforts, (although I wouldn't do it :) ) I'm still in.

PM me if you need anything.

And thanks again.
  16. Fritzp

Fritzp n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi , i would be interested in the rumbux Skid Plate for the ST.
    How do i get your phone number to place an order?
    thanks.
  17. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Ok guys, I'll kick off a new order on Monday morning. Pricing will remain the same for this order.

$750 for the Full set of upper and lower crash bars w/skid plate

$450 for just the Lower Bash frame w/skid plate

$350 for the Rumbux upper hoop/side protection for the OEM crash bars.

$40 for light brackets (no shipping costs on these w/bar orders)

Bar prices include shipping.

Contact phone is 435-817-0809 MDT applies, but generally after 8am MDT is good. I will be occupied after Noon, and available again after 4pm.

Eric
  18. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    I have three people on board for this order. 5 is the minimum order point to be cost effective. If you're on the fence, now is the time to get things sooner rather than later.

I've tried to answer questions in the thread so far, but if you have them, ask them!
  19. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You saved my day! I thought these were gone for good :cry.

I'm in for the full setup of uppers and lowers with the plate.

Dang... $750 gone, just like that. Never in my life would I have expected spending that kind of money of bike parts. Damn expensive hobbies.

Will call this afternoon!
  20. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    And we have 4 peeps in! Thank you Mikef5000.:clap:clap